Administrative Assistant Full-time Job2023-02-10 17:28 Administration Dire Dawa 70 views
This job post by Gasha Consulting PLC is on behalf of AM General Trading.
AM General Trading is an Ethiopian company dedicated to the sale, assembly, and distribution of quality cars and trucks with a focus on a sustainable transportation infrastructure. It is based in Addis Ababa and Dire Dawa and is one of the top five largest in nationwide auto sales. AM General Trading has been consistently delivering increased profits while building a solid foundation for the company's future. Despite the challenging business environment in Ethiopia in the last three years, our focus remains to be sustaining this profitability while expanding the company's Electronic Vehicle market share and its manufacturing capacity. AM General Trading currently distributes a range of vehicles, from two-wheeled motorcycles to heavy commercial trucks such as those by Isuzu.
The recruitment and onboarding service is provided by Gasha Consulting PLC.
Provide clerical and administrative support to the General Manager and other company executives to optimize workflow procedures in the office
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the point of contact between the General Manager and company employees/clients and manage information flow
- Partake in and monitor major company projects and activities; collect, review, and manage status reports from department heads and individuals; keep the General Manager informed of all activities
- Manage the daily/weekly/monthly agenda of the General Manager’s Office, assist in planning new meetings, appointments, conferences, in-house and external events, etc.
- Develop, implement and improve office policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain a filing system for all electronic and paper records of the company
- File and update contact information of employees, customers, suppliers and external partners
- Attend meetings when directed by the General Manager and keep minutes
- Make travel arrangements and reservations as directed by the General Manager
- Prepare and disseminate letters, memos and forms
- Handle and prioritize all outgoing or incoming letters
- Receive and screen phone calls, monitor office supplies, handle confidential documents
- Document office expenses and hand in reports
- Oversee the performance of other clerical and administrative staff
- Undertake occasional receptionist duties
- Education: BA Degree in Secretarial Science or other office administration related fields; BA Degree in Business Administration is considered a plus
- Proven 4 or more years of work experience as an Administrative Assistant or a similar administrative role
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Applications (Gmail, Drive, Meet, Docs, etc.) and other office software
- In depth knowledge of office management and technical vocabulary of the import and distribution industry
- Familiarity with basic research methods and reporting techniques
- Hands on working knowledge of office equipment
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Amharic
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- High degree of multi-tasking and time management capability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Integrity and confidentiality
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and a CV with contact information (email address and phone number) through ethiojobs.net. Please include 2 recommendation letters, education and work experience credentials/documents in your CV.
Applicants who do not follow the above instructions will not be considered!
Mar 2, 2023