Agronomy Protection Technician Full-time Job2023-02-03 22:43 agriculture Hawassa 70 views
- Under general supervision, plans, organizes and controls all activities related to plant protection on tobacco leaf and other rotation crops; ensures application of safety precautions by all workers dealing with toxic chemicals.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Plans, organize coordinates and supervises the activities of insects, pests & diseases control on all tobacco nursery, tobacco main field and tobacco warehouses.
- Ensures availability of required chemicals, spraying facilities and the necessary protective devices. Ensures proper usage of protective devices;
- Protects chemicals, spray facilities, spray spare parts & PE from theft & misuse: Apply updated Bincard stock control method in the mini chemicals store.
- Mainly follows JTI spray calendar, consult & apply new control measures for new pest occurrences, consider PHI ( preharvest intervals) before apply pesticides, responsible & give maximum attention not to have detection of pesticides residual problem on cured tobacco leaf.
- Arrange frequent inspection of tobacco nursery, crops on the field in concession and extension areas and in cured leaf storage areas to avoid undetected damage by either pests or disease, and takes preventive and eradication measures; evaluates adequacy of plant protection measures taken;
- Focuses on preventive mechanisms and advices & pushes agronomists to use ideal seedlings, to proper implementation of MAS /minimum agronomic standards; GAP /Good agronomic practices/.
- Ensures implementation of established working practices, procedures and EHS systems , procedures and regulations are complied with, ensures the proper and effective handling and use of assigned equipment ,chemicals, materials and empty chemical containers.
- supervises and controls the activities of pest Assessors and chemical mixers and sprayers, Timely submit plant protection reports.
- Manages various tasks & projects as they arise and upon manager’s request.
- BSC or College Diploma in Crop Protection or Plant Science.
- Intermediate English (oral & written),MS Office user, knowledge of Collective Labor Agreement, Internal Regulations and Safety Policy of the company.
- Work experience in plant protection, 2 years for BSC Degree holders or 4 years for Diploma holders
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their application letter and Curriculum vitae only through email address Careersethiopia@jti.com and the application should be before the application deadline.
Application email subject shall state the position title. Failure to comply with the guideline may lead to immediate rejection.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Feb 13, 2023