AMR Surveillance data entry clerk Contract Job2023-02-10 14:08 IT & Telecoms Addis Ababa 57 views
Terms of employment: Contract
Duration of contract: One Year with possible extension
Work Place: Ethiopian Public Health Institute and support data entry process of other AMR sites as required
Reporting to: National Clinical Bacteriology and Mycology Reference Laboratory
Number needed: One
Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) is a global public health threat and a priority to Ethiopia. To combat the threat of AMR, the Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI) started a national AMR surveillance implementation since 2017 in collaboration with partners. The implementation started in a phase by phase approach. Currently EPHI is conducting the surveillance implementation in 16 surveillance sites in which the national clinical and mycology laboratory provided a customized, site- specific WHONET data base and Standard Operating procedures (SOPs) to generate quality data from sites and sent to the national clinical bacteriology and mycology laboratory at EPHI on a monthly basis.
As part of implementing AMR surveillance plan, the EPHI would like to announce a vacancy for competent and interested individuals for the following posts. The qualified individual will assist the two sites in WHONET data entry, analysis and manipulation and provide monthly AMR data to the National AMR data base and be functioning in collaboration with a member of AMR coordination team at EPHI and other surveillance sites as required.
The intended candidates should have the following roles, responsibilities, qualifications and experiences.
Roles and responsibilities
· Review and understand documents before entering the data and consult data manager if any incomplete, inconsistent or illegible data exist.
· Develop data entry plan with the team based on priorities, timely compile and sort data for entry.
· Perform data entry, data cleaning using WHONET and Excel applications.
· Ensure data quality using different techniques such as comparing entered data with source documents, or re-enters data if an error is detected, inspect, clean, transform, and model data
· Compile, sort, and verify the accuracy of data to be entered.
· Review data sources and follow the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
· Maintain data entry requirements through data program techniques and procedures.
· Verify entered data using different techniques such as reentering data; combining data, eliminate duplication of data.
· Secure information by completing database backups.
· Maintain confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
· Any other duties given by the supervisor
· BSc degree in Information Technology, or other related field of study.
· 6 years and above demonstrated data clerk experience
Desired skills and experiences
· Knowledge of computer systems and operations
· Knowledge of data entry methods and procedures
· Ability to organize and schedule data entry work
· Ability to operate computer software packages relevant to the work
· Demonstrated communication skills
· Female applicants are highly recommended to apply.
How to Apply
Note:- Interested applicants can register in Online through only ethiojobs.net send their CVs and relevant documents at the address given below within 7 days from the first appearance of the announcement
Remarks: Please attach copies of transcripts, academic degree or recommendation letters together with the application.
Feb 17, 2023