Call for Consultancy- To organize job fairs, trade fairs and capacity building for MSEs and youth employment Full-time Job2023-02-03 22:27 consultancy Addis Ababa 53 views
SNV is an international not-for-profit development organization, working in over 25 of the poorest countries worldwide, including 17 countries in Sub Saharan Africa. With our team of 1,300 specialists, we focus on increasing people’s incomes and employment opportunities in productive sectors like agriculture as well as on improving access to basic services such as energy, water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH). By continuing to focus on these interconnected areas, and adapting and expanding our approach, we will reach more people and continuously improve the quality of our work. In line with our youth development approach, SNV aims to scale up the work on creating job opportunities for young people with a focus on these three sectors, yet with flexibility to explore opportunities for youth employment in other sectors as well.
Realizing Aspiration of Youth in Ethiopia through Employment (RAYEE) is a five-year (Nov 2019 to October 2024 inclusive) youth employment creation project being implemented in collaboration with Mastercard Foundation in five regions (Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR, Sidama,Tigray) and Dire Dawa Administration. The overall objective of the project is to secure dignified and fulfilling employment and income for 240,000 youth (of which 70% are women) with 70% target in Agribusiness and 30% in other sectors.
* Competency and qualification requirements
The firm must have the following competencies:
· Certification as event organizers from the authorized bodies that includes renewed licence as event organizers.
· Profound knowledge, know-how and experience in planning, organizing, and managing trade fairs and job fairs.
· At least 5 years of extensive working experience in organising and running job fairs for low and semi-skilled job seekers preferably for young women.
· Demonstrated experience in designing and running job fairs. (Please attach samples of work competition certificates and recommendation on similar assignment -job fairs)
· Strong track record of mobilizing large number of employers to participate on job fairs and including other service providers such as childcare service providers and devices for youth with disability.
· Sound experience and methodology for tracking the outcome of the job fairs.
· The ability of the consulting team to mobilize technical expert to support participating youth job seekers on CV writing and interview
· Experience in undertaking assessment, capacity building and coaching MSEs with focus on trade fair.
How to Apply
The detailed Tor and information on how to apply can be obtained by clicking the following link:
Interested consultant(s)/consulting firms who would like to apply for the Consultancy Service should submit:
· proposal that details the approach, methodology, and timeline for the proposed assignment in addition to understanding of the TOR. Furthermore, the consultant should submit content of training materials for each of the sectors.
· Technical proposal submission shall be in hard and soft copies for ease of review. Soft copies of the technical proposal should be submitted in PDF format using Compact Disc (CD) or USB flash disc.
· Financial proposals submissions shall be in hard copy ONLY in a separate sealed and stamped envelope by writing the name of the specific assignment on or before the deadline to SNV Addis Ababa office to the address below
SNV Ethiopia, Roosevelt St. on the way from AU to Mexico Square, next to Shebelle Clinic telephone: +251 (0)11 616 6232, P.O. Box 40675, Addis Ababa | Ethiopia
For any clarification and questions use the following email: email@example.com.
SNV Ethiopia reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.
· Deadline for proposals is 4:00 PM on 01st March 2023
Mar 1, 2023