Internal/ External Vacancy Announcement
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant position the details of which are mentioned bellow.
About the Ethiopian Red Cross Society
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) was established in 1935 and is one of the oldest and largest humanitarian organizations in Ethiopia. ERCS provides services to communities affected by natural and manmade disasters through the provision of emergency responses, ambulance and first aid, family reunification, essential drugs, water and sanitation, and other humanitarian services. ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. Currently the ERCS has a structure consisting of 12 Regional Offices, 34 Zonal Branches and 131 District/Woreda Branches, 599 Woreda Red Cross Committee and 5871 Kebele Red Cross committees.
ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs relating to food security, climate change adaptation, livelihood diversification, and institutional capacity building interventions, with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. ERCS works in partnership with the Ethiopian Government, International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent (IFRC), International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), partnering National Societies, members, volunteers and the communities we serve.
Details of the vacant position
The CVA Officer is responsible for supporting the overall in day to day implementation of cash activities in the field; provide a field-based support to branches with CVA and deliver trainings; support the CVA coordinator in capacity building initiatives and cash preparedness activities; in cash feasibility and market assessment, targeting, beneficiaries’ selection, registration, and validation process, and monitoring, reporting and partnership building with relevant stakeholders through creating, maintaining and tracking scheduled events and CVA milestones. He / she ensures effective and efficient CVA programming, implementation and coordination with targeted communities and relevant stakeholders.
General responsibilities for all project staff:
- Ensure Compliance with procedures, regulations and policies of the ERCS, and Donors
- Work towards the achievement of overall goals of the Emergency Response and Preparedness and CVA programme, through dedication, effective teamwork and accountability;
- Respect and promote Red Cross/Red Crescent principles, values and comply to ERCS security regulations, code of conducts and relevant policies and guidelines;
- Involve in the planning, implementation & monitoring CVA activities; participates in the capacity building initiative;
Planning, Implementation and Monitoring
- Supports the planning and implementation of all CVA activities both in the field and in HQ.
- Travels to the field to provide technical support to branches with CVA activities including cash feasibility and market assessments and monitoring, targeting, beneficiary selection, registration, and validation process (including support verification with FSP) and reconciliation.
- Ensures CEA and PGI approaches are integrated throughout all phases of the implementation.
- Supports and shares CVA feasibility assessment results with all sectors and support service functions for decision making on response options and modality choice.
- Works closely with CVA IM to adapt the necessary data collection and data management tools to improve ERCS CVA.
- Works closely with Finance team to obtain reconciliation results from cash transfer and liaises with the branch in case of any issues.
- Assists in mapping of branch capacity, needs, and context gaps to support the development and delivery of CVA response plans and necessary assessments.
- Report regularly (weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annually) to the CTP coordinator and DPR on the progress of the CVA activities, challenges faced, actions taken related to implementation of CVA;
- Monitor the progress of the CVA against plan, review plans in coordination with other project and program practitioners and ensure accomplishment of quality of work against the indicators;
- Ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of budget plan of the activities and optimum utilization.
- Support and work closely with IM officer and PMER department to undertake proper PDM and management decisions on serious findings.
- Organize and lead success story preparation and lesson learning documentation in collaboration with Public relation and communication department.
- Ensure target individuals are selected as per the agreed criteria and verify the process.
- Provides mentoring and coaching including on-job learning to ERCS staff and volunteers and closely liaise with ERCS branches and volunteers assigned to the programme to ensure coherent and coordinated implementation.
- Supports CVA Coordinator in capacity building initiatives and cash preparedness activities including the organisation of trainings, etc.
Internal and External Coordination
- Participates in CVA planning sessions, ERCS movement wide Cash working group coordination meetings and discussions
- Ensure linkages with all movement-wide stakeholders for enhanced sectoral risk mapping and gap identification
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship and collaboration with stakeholders and partners, FBOs, and CBOs in all aspects of the CVA including beneficiary selection, need identification, capacity building, social inclusion and other areas of collaboration;
- Ensure proactive coordination with relevant clusters and partners whenever necessary;
- Represents Red Cross in relevant task force and other meetings, in coordination with and relevant expert of the branch;
- Coordinate and collaborate with the project partner to ensure effective delivery of outcomes, and outputs;
- Ensure transparency, accountability and integrity in the CVA response management;
- Promote a positive profile of the CVA among partners, and the target communities;
- Participate in review and reflection meetings in the CVA operating areas/branches;
- Establish a positive and supportive team spirit and communication among the CVA team, HQ and branch staffs;
- Partnership management and Proven experience in working in consortium as well as coordination and networking with various stakeholders:
- Proven experience and skills in donor reporting in English.
- Technical expertise on and experience in working with cash transfer programming.
- Proven relevant experience in developing and coordinating integrated programmes under challenging conditions;
- Experience in participatory planning and community engagement.
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills is an advantage:
- Ability to work in a challenging environment with a minimum supervision and meeting deadlines without compromising qualities.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Willing to abide by and respect red cross/red crescent principles and values understanding of and commitment to ERCS mission, values, strategies and programming approaches.
Work Unit: DPR/ DRM
Reporting to : - CVA Coordinator
Terms of employment:-Contract for one yearPlace of Work:- Addis Ababa
- MA Degree in Social Science / Development studies or other relevant field related to Emergence preparedness and response and disaster risk management OR first degree in these same fields with equivalent of proven work experience
- At least 4 years for Master’s degree and 6 years for BA degree in emergency and development cooperation and extensive field experience, preferable within the red cross and red Crescent movement.
- High standard of integrity and communication skills;
- Manage interpersonal conflicts;
- Efficient and with ability to resolve problems;
- Able and willing to work as a team member, take direction and share skills with colleagues;
- Willing to learn and improve skills;
- Excellent written and spoken English, Amharic and other local language skills;
- Strong interpersonal and advocacy skills;
- Good team spirit and respect for diversity;
- Practical knowledge of computer skills:
How to Apply
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out the employment application form with the indicated link https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/IyUTlyf1 before the closing date of this announcement on Jan 25 , 2023.
Jan 25, 2023