Oromiya Development Association (ODA) invites applicants of committed and experienced teachers for its Boarding schools found in Adama and Bishoftu
1. Job Title: Civics and ethical education , Mathematics and Geography Teachers
2. Required number: 3 (one for each subject)
3. Job Description :
ODA Boarding School aspires to be center of change and development, a catalyst for progress in science and technology, addressing the immediate and long term demand of national economy, innovative research and education.
The Boarding School is committed to be the center of excellence in science and technology and provide highest quality education and training which builds the technical capacity of manufacturing and other industries.
The Boarding School has the responsibility of undertaking and encouraging relevant academic programs, action researches, and community services in national and local priority areas and disseminating the findings therefore;
The Boarding School is in general desirous of reinforcing and expanding its areas of excellence in the teaching-learning process, research and community services;
The Boarding School envisions building a strong and committed academic community that aspires attaining the lofty ideals and goals of high school education.
We are seeking passionate teachers, who thoroughly enjoy teaching, excel in their ability to reach and support students and take endless pride and countless hours to design inspiring and engaging lesson plans and teaching units.
We seek compassionate, hardworking and resilient individuals capable of dealing with many of the unforeseen challenges that occur in a school. We seek individuals who work well with others and would enjoy living at the ODA Boarding School branches.
As a boarding school, teaching life extends well beyond time spent with students in a classroom. Tutorials, clubs, study hall supervision, field trips and ongoing engaging school wide activities also form part of a teacher’s responsibilities. Working at a boarding school requires a genuine commitment to serve as a role model and be an active part of the community.
4. Role and Responsibilities
ODA Boarding School Teachers are responsible for:
To handle courses, tutorial, practical hours, mentoring and advising of boarding school students and take additional responsibilities which will be given by the school.
5. Job Requirements
5.1. Education Qualifications
We seek teachers who:
- Have Mater of education /Med/ degree in Civics and ethical education,Mathematic and Geography
- Have Post Graduate Diploma in Teaching /PGDT/ certificate;
- Have a minimum of CGPA 3.30 and above;
One of his or her degree is in regular program;
- Consecutive two years performance evaluation result on average 90% and above
Minimum of 2 years teaching experience in preparatory or grade 11-12
6. Knowledge & Skills
We require teachers who are:
- Willing to attend in service training of teachers, self-motivated energetic, organized and flexible individual
- Free from any addiction and well-mannered good conduct with no bad recodes
- In principle willing to be around the school compound 24:00 hours except in exceptional condition
- Understanding of the nature of boarding school and needs of high school students
- Written and oral communication skills in English and Afan Oromo are mandatory.
- Professionally ethical, honest and willing to serve as outstanding role model in the community
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Email usage, Google Suite, internet searching and willing to learn new computer skills
- Able to demonstrate learner-centered teaching methodologies and are eager to continue to learn
- Experienced working in schools with a mission for academic excellence and student engagement
- Willing to embrace and adhere to the ODA Boarding School’s requirements, values & mission
- Active team players and problem solvers
- Outstanding communicators and have strong interpersonal skills
- Committed and passionate to teaching and highly motivated towards student development and growth
- Willing to teach and support students after hours and on weekends
- Benefits package are house with free electric and water cost or 1,200 (one thousand two hundred) ETB provision of house allowance instead of house and 300 (three hundred) ETB transportation allowance;
- Offers medicals service according to ODAs boarding schools working document;
How to Apply
8. Application Procedures for all vacant positions :
These positions are open to both male and female applicants. Applicants must demonstrate proof of eligibility to work in ODA Boarding School.
·An interested applicant who fulfils the job posting requirements can submit their complete application package which contains:
- Application letter along with recent CV;
- Non-returnable copies with originals of M.A/MSc and also their BA/Bsc temporary certificate of graduation or actual diploma and student copy;
- Relevant and current letter of work experience which indicate basic monthly salary, two consecutive year’s performance evaluation result and teacher’s career structure;
- Post Graduate Diploma in Teaching /PGDT/ certificate and other necessary documents.
- Review of complete application packages will begin as soon as they are received.
- Incomplete application packages will not be reviewed. In the event that an outstanding applicant is identified early in the search process we reserve the right to appoint before the deadline. For this reason, we encourage interested applicants to apply at the earliest possible time. Due to the high volume of applications, we regret that we will only be able to contact selected, short listed candidates.
9. Date of application: starting from January 09, 2022 GC /.0r 01/5/2015 EC in person with in 10 consecutive working days
10. Place of Applicatü
- ODA head office, Finfine, HRD Department around Bole Medihanialem, Oromia tower, 6th floor, office No 602 in person during working hours tele 01 16 39 21 96
- Bishoftu Boarding school , Bishoftu.Tele. 01 14 30 40 70
- Adama Boarding school , Adama. Tele. 02 21 12 08 60
Note: Release or clearance letter from recent employer and a guarantor are mandatory to be employed for the position.
Jan 23, 2023