Data Specialist Full-time Job2023-02-03 00:30 IT & Telecoms Addis Ababa 76 views
- Develop web-based system to store and display data using interactive dashboard related to Jhpiego program outputs and outcomes
- Maintain the web-based data management system and incorporate additional features based on emerging needs of programs
- Coordinate with learning technology advisor on electronic system development and use for monitoring and evaluation
- Analyzing data to identify patterns and trends that may indicate problems with existing processes or opportunities for improvement
- Recommending changes to existing data storage methods or developing new solutions as needed
- Provide training to project staff on data storage and data retrieval process to monitor data safety and quality
- Perform regular data integrity and quality audits
- Collecting, storing, organizing and maintaining training and other data in databases, spreadsheets, or other electronic formats
- Assist research team in designing electronic data collection format using electronic applications/ e.g. Kobo Toolbox, CommCare, REDCap/ and transferring electronic data into statistical analysis software/ e.g. STATA, SPSS/
- Support geodata collection, analysis and creating maps for assessment areas and project intervention sites.
Education & Qualifications:
- BA degree in information management, data analytics, computer science, statistics, or a similar field,
- At least 6 years of experience in data collection, analysis and data management, particularly experience in GBV assessment
- Ability to manage heavy data load produced from assessments
- In-depth knowledge of data retrieval and storage systems.
- Excellent communication and report-writing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with end-user training and support.
- Previous experience from Ethiopia regions is desired.
- Fluency in Amharic, English, and/or Afan Oromo, Afar
How to Apply
Applicant are expected to STRICTLY follow the below listed application procedures:
- Only qualified and interested applicants can submit application letter and well written curriculum vitae saved in one complied PDF format.
- Applicants are required to state their current basic salary in their application letter.
- Applicants must make sure their application document is saved by their full name in PDF format.
- CREDENTIALS OR WORK CERTIFICATES MUST NOT BE SUBMITTED.
- The job position being applied for must be explicitly stated in the application letter.
- Applicants must use this E-mail HREthiopia@jhpiego.org to submit applications and make sure to state the job position title applying for in the subject line.
- Applications not fulfilling the requirements stated above will automatically be rejected.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package. The winning candidate is expected to start within short period after finalization of the recruitment process.
The deadline for applications is February 15, 2023
Feb 15, 2023