Director, Resource Development Re advertised Full-time Job2023-02-01 16:15 Research and development Addis Ababa 64 views
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
List education, knowledge & skills, licenses preferred, and all experiences required to perform this position in a fully competent manner.
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
List academic requirements (if applicable), technical skills, or other knowledge required as a minimum qualification for this position.
· A minimum of a BSc. in a relevant field (e.g., development studies; business administration; social science disciplines). Master’s degree is preferred.
· Postgraduate qualifications or relevant technical/vocational studies and technical training (e.g. Grant Management, Project cycle management, etc.)
List additional work experience required as a minimum qualification for this position.
· At least 5 years of experience in leading complex grants and programs.
· Significant experience of government donor relations and fundraising.
· Previous experience leading successful multi-million-dollar proposal writing and budget preparation (e.g., USAID, ECHO, EC, DFID, DFATD, UN, Gates Foundation, etc.)
· Project planning and project team leadership
· Well informed on latest humanitarian trends and donor priorities.
· Deeper understanding in how proposal development and monitoring systems can be used for marketing purposes.
· Understanding of program design process, and monitoring/evaluation frameworks.
· Consortium/network development
· A good understanding and preferably prior leadership experience in managing technical teams implementing Health & Nutrition, WASH, Food Security & livelihoods, Education and Child Protection.
· People management skills. Strong interpersonal and networking skills to work cross organizationally and with different cultures.
License, registration, or certification required to perform this position:
If applicable, include language requirement(s) as a minimum qualification for this position.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
List academic requirements, technical skills or other knowledge preferred for this position.
· Excellent English communication skills (oral and written) with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior internal and external stakeholders.
· Team management, coaching for performance and staff development.
· Experience in strategic thinking and planning skills, able to set priorities, prepare manageable work plans and to evaluate progress.
· Ability to provide support and training to staff and partners on donor requirements.
· Basic financial awareness, with the ability to support budget development.
· Strong partnership and networking skills.
· Leadership: proven ability to build trust and relationships to work productively, motivate and inspire teamwork even without line management authority.
· Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
· Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills and detail orientation, even under time pressure.
· Positive attitude and willingness to learn and work in a context of people with various ethnic and religious backgrounds.
· Understanding of World Vision’s standards and commitment to World Vision’s core values and mission statement, including participation in regular devotions. Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context.
· Knowledge of and adherence to Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct.
· Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet) required.
· Willing and able to travel within and outside the country for work assignments and/or to attend national, regional and partnership-wide meetings and events.
· A mature and committed Christian.
· Commitment to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement.
· Perform other duties as required.
How to Apply
Dear Interested applicants
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy."
If you have referrals of talented individuals who you think would perform well in this role, please send them the link to this job opportunity
Female Candidates are Highly Encouraged to Apply
Note: we do not receive hard copies
Feb 10, 2023