Driver Mechanic Contract Job2023-01-23 00:00 Transportation & Logistics Sodo 56 views
- Drive CIFF Project Vehicles for the transportation of authorized passengers, staff delivery and collect and move of different office supplies, documents and other items with assigned project staff.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc. and ensure that the assigned project vehicles are road worthy and maintained up to the established security standards.
- Act as assistant mechanic and Perform Level A service/maintenance (minor repairs) and arrange for other level service & repairs and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Maintain Logbook is correctly filled during official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing & others history are registered on time. He/she is also required to assist Chief Mechanic/Automotive Trainer/ while conducting major service and repair of organizational and customers vehicle.
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident.
- Prepare monthly vehicle usage report and submit timely.
- Takes responsibility for safe use and handling of project property under his/her custody.
- Comply with project & organizational wide rules, regulations, procedures and methods.
- Undertake other assignments when deemed necessary.
Qualifications Required: Trained in Auto Mechanic & related areas or certificate in Auto mechanic and having the former 3rd grade driving license.
Work Experience: Having at least five (5) years of progressive experience in the areas of driving and maintaining light vehicles while working either for humanitarian organization or commercial companies.
Technical Skills and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of Vehicle routine service/maintenance, Communication skill and is required.
- Driving skill with good recording history
- Basic Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, lotus note; intermediate experience.
- Intermediate English language skill and fluency in Amharic
Additional Requirements: Committed to WV’s vision, mission and core values.
Place of Work: Woliata Sodo Zone travelled different Woredas of CIFF Project.
Number of employees needed: Two.
Duration of Contract: Five months of work contract. (With possibilities of work contract extension based on budget availability and project performance)
How to Apply
Interested applicants required to apply through this link;
Jan 30, 2023