Driver Full-time Job2023-02-01 15:31 Transportation & Logistics Addis Ababa 72 views
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
The position holder is responsible to provide transport services in the project area in a way by providing transport service within the town or to field areas to staff, visitors and others assigned by the Office Admin and finance frequently.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that rules and regulations laid down by TNS regarding the use of TNS vehicles are
fully adhered to.
- Ensure adherence to rules and regulations of the countries’ traffic law.
- Drive office vehicles for the transport of staff members and authorized visitor and ensure the
comfort and safety of passengers.
- Collect urgent documents, items to and from government offices, project sites and from clients
- Responsible for the day to day follow-up of vehicle by checking oil, water, battery, brakes,
- Responsible for keeping the vehicle’s maintenance including the service time.
- Responsible for managing the fuel cards as per TNS procedure.
- Responsible for registering trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes and greasing on
a daily basis.
- Ensure vehicle is kept tidy at all times.
- Ensure that seat belts are not worn out at all times inside TNS vehicles.
- Report any malfunction in a timely manner including but not limited to any unusual noise, oil
leakage, flat/worn out tires etc.
- Responsible to promptly report any accidents irrespective of the value of damage.
- Responsible to carry a valid driving license at all times.
- Carry out any other duties and/or responsibilities assigned by his/her immediate supervisor.
- Must have valid 3rd grade driving license.
- Must be 12th grade complete.
- Having Diploma in Auto-mechanics is an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Driver.
- Experience in driving four-wheel drive/field vehicle.
- Technical knowledge of vehicles and basic maintenance.
- Experience in an NGO environment.
- Be gender sensitive.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Flexible and willing to work outside normal office hours and during weekends.
- Ability of rural and in town driving skill.
- Willing to travel outside of the base and travel long distance.
- Be reliable, punctual, committed and self-motivated.
- Ability to communicate in both Amharic & English languages, willing and able to work in a
Diploma or better.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should Click here to apply and submit a cover letter resume as a single document (either Word or PDF) by February 06, 2023. Applications will be reviewed and considered as received/on a rolling basis. Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be contacted. Please note that we are not accepting CVs that are not sent through the indicated link.
TECHNOSERVE ENCOURAGES DIVERSITY IN ALL LEVELS AND ACROSS ALL FACETS OF OUR ORGANIZATION. WITH THIS COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, WE ARE PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF GENDER, RACE, COLOR, ETHNICITY, RELIGION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, AGES, DISABILITY, AND ALL OTHER PROTECTED CLASSES.
Women are highly encouraged to apply
TechnoServe has the right to cancel this advertisement.
Feb 8, 2023