ECHO Project Manager Full-time Job2023-01-25 11:41 Social science and community Desē 70 views
Imagine 1 day international (I1D) responds to the vast worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. I1D offers services of lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to internally displaced, returnees and host communities made to cop up with conflicts or disaster. Currently, it actively operates five regions of Ethiopia. we restore lives through the delivery of CP and education services and provide dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The I1D Amahara regional office began its programs in January 2022. Currently I1D Amhara is operating in six Zones including North and South Wollo, North Shoa, Waghimra, North Gonder and Oromo Special zone through direct programming and through a local partnership in Child protection GBV, WASH, and Education. These sectors are responding to child protection case management, referral services and referral linkage, MHPSS, and learning process and other humanitarian needs within the displaced populations and host community as well.
Scope of Work:
This position will be responsible for ensuring accurate and quality delivery of CP interventions, providing supervision and support to child protection team in region, zone, woreda and operational sites integration between CP and education through the Brighter Future intervention. The ECHO project Manager will manage a team of EIE officers, CP Officers, assistants, and case workers in and have general oversight of projects in the region
This position will take lead in ensuring proper and quality implementation of CP interventions, Case Management, program management, EIE and other components of the sector in the center and mobile sites
- They will need to ensure response to immediate child protection, EIE and program management issues with simultaneous consideration of longer-term needs and possible scenarios.
- The successful candidate will work closely with the regional director to ensure that all child protection and EIE components are well integrated into other relevant sector
The ECHO project manager will work with CP staff, education staff and I1D’s implementing partner(s) to ensure that activities are provided following I1D – CP standards, including policies and strategies. She/he will oversee the provision of safe and appropriate CP response and prevention services and interventions to reduce risks faced by children and their families. The ECHO project manager will provide technical guidance and support to the I1D CP staff, EIE and I1D’s implementing partner staff. Specifically, the ECHO project manager will be responsible for:
Program implementation and quality: Reinforcing adherence to the CP guiding principles throughout all CP and partners activities, specifically:
- Plan, supervise and oversee provision of prevention and response activities for children and their families.
- Oversee the referral mechanisms, and lead on the maintenance and regular/timely updating of the service mapping and referral pathways, and training of referrals service providers on the referral pathway and appropriate referral
- Assess implementation progress and identify technical quality issues or other concerns, to be flagged to the CP Manager, and propose solutions.
- Identify material needs together with CP Officers / CP Caseworkers / Community Mobilizers, and work with CP Manager and Integrated Protection Program Officer to make the necessary procurements, in consideration of budget limits
- Facilitate the program activities with the partner staff.
- Follow up the implementation of education-based projects and provide technical support
- Collect, organize and submit education focused data timely to regional; I1D team and the national I1D as required.
- Coordinate and conduct monitoring activities for CPIE and EiE programs
- Liaison I1D with any actors as required
Program monitoring and reporting: Ensure all program activities and services are fully documented using agreed monitoring tools for systematic and timely data collection on activities, specifically:
- Support the maintenance of the I1D’s Information Management System(s) in line with data protection, collection and sharing standards, and CP guiding principles.
- Submit the updated on weekly, biweekly and stirp (situation) report on agreed time base and tracker on activities led, success stories, lessons learned, etc. to the designated I1D CP focal point on agreed-upon deadlines.
- Strengthen zonal or woreda Cp and education cluster and timely attending cluster meetings
Staff supervision and development: Directly supervise CP staff and ECHO program by providing regular supervision, coaching, and guidance on CP prevention and response activities, specifically:
- Directly supervise CP staff by providing regular supervision, coaching, and guidance on prevention, risk mitigation, and response activities in the field of child protection
- Mentor and support staff’s professional development and foster a positive team spirit to encourage innovative and quality programming
- In collaboration with the CP Manager, identify capacity building needs and support the organization and facilitation of trainings to meet those needs
- Monitor field work to ensure staff meet program goals and utilize appropriate time management.
Coordination & representation: Work closely with regional director, CP Manager and I1D partner(s) and other service providers on the provision of CP prevention and response activities, specifically:
- Identify concerns related to and support adherence to CP referral protocols by all service providers and relevant stakeholders.
- Strengthen zonal or woreda Cp cluster and timely attending cluster meetings
- Advocate with peer agencies and other stakeholders to promote timely and quality responses for at-risk children and their families
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other service providers and relevant stakeholders including community members and other implementing partners.
Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of the CP team, promptly reporting concerns or incidents to I1D HR mangers and management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the environment for I1D programs.
Perform any other tasks as requested by his/her supervisor to ensure the smooth running of the program.
Position directly supervises: CP Officer, education officers, social workers, Community social workers, volunteers and community-based structures and facilitators
Internal collaborations within I1D: Regional and national protection team; education team; Finance team and other program team.
External collaborations to I1D: woreda and zone women children and youth offices, education offices, CP actors, partner organizations and agencies
Reports to: Regional Program Director
Duty station: Dessie with frequent travel to all project Targeted zones, woredas and project sites as required.
Number of positions: 1(One)
Opening Date: 25/01/2023
Closing Date: 03/02/2023
Position Reports to: Regional Program Director and CP national manager
- Language: Amharic, English required
- Bachelor of Arts BA or MA in Social Work, Human Rights, Psychologies, Genger, Social work, Sociology, Social anthropology, Humanities or other related field, desirable
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of implementing child protection programs, preferable social work or in a related field, in humanitarian or development settings
- Understanding of case management and PSS to promote healing and recovery
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients/beneficiaries (Cp principles)
- Previous experience leading teams on CP response strategies and demonstrated understanding of working with children, particularly vulnerable children
- Excellent communication skills with good personality
- Excellent skills and competency in team work
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to lead and work well in a team setting
- High degree of flexibility and strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Word and Excel
How to Apply
Interested candidate who will fit with the qualification and requirements can Submit their application through link https://forms.gle/rRA9joa4ycsnxDZm6
Feb 3, 2023