Education Technical Assistant Full-time Job2023-01-23 23:08 Education Jijiga 97 views
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to the development of Jigjiga Area and CC strategies; participate in the development of relevant CC projects.
- Implement Education project activities and prepare project documentation in line with the budget, proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Implement CC SoPs and ensure high technical quality of projects
- Provide regular progress reports to the Education Project Coordinator
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Promote the rights of refugees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Assist with the implementation of the education project according to the plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by the Education Project Coordinator.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Supervise incentive teachers and community incentive workers.
- Provide support to NRC activities, schools and assessments in line with NRC quality standards.
- Ensure direct communication and feedback with beneficiaries and relevant host communities.
- Ensure ongoing monitoring and reporting of projects at field level.
- Organize, support and participate in community engagement initiatives, outreach and out-of-school children (OOSC) data collection.
- Regularly travel to the field to support education, recreation and psychosocial support (PSS) activities.
- Support teacher trainings as required by the project objectives.
- Organize and implement distributions of teaching and learning materials.
- Implement any other task relevant to the position as requested by the line manager.
Generic professional competencies:
- A university degree in Education, Social Sciences
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience is required
- Some familiarity with humanitarian work in Somali region
- Some experience in working with government authorities and vulnerable beneficiaries
- Proven skills and experience in community mobilization.
- Good computer skills, especially in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Fluency in English and Somali Languages is mandatory.
- Females are high encouraged to apply.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience of working in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to priorities responsibilities, carry out multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines
- Managing resources to optimise results
- Handling insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
How to Apply
Jan 31, 2023
NRC (Norwegian Refugee Council)