Executive Secretary (Kality) Full-time Job2023-02-06 22:55 Administration Addis Ababa 109 views
Ethio-Asian Industries S.C is Ethiopia’s first privately owned manufacturer of personal care products and the only native manufacturer with a nationally recognized brand; Diana Soap . Ethio-Asian Industries SC, formerly known as East Africa Kality Soap and Detergent factory, is located at Eastern part of Addis Ababa, Kaliti. It is the first private sector soap and detergent factory established by well-known industrialist and EAHSC chairman Mr. Bizuayehu Tadele to manufacture Laundry soaps, Detergents and Toilet soaps.
Ethio-Asia made partnership agreement with Zoscales Partners (ZP) to meet its objective of becoming strong player within the personal care space by aspiring the right niche market of the lower and middle-income class of Ethiopia. Given the continued growth and future expansion of EAISC, the following opportunity exist.
The Executive Secretary will provide high-level administrative support to the CEO and other senior staff.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises and coordinates the overall activities of the CEO’s office and provides necessary support;
- Plans, organizes, implements, and follows up the activities and budget of the CEO’s office;
- Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls, takes messages, and schedules appointments for professional(s) and/or management staff.
- Follows up on the implementation of decisions and orders given by the CEO for work units;
- Coordinates and liaises the activities of work units reporting to the CEO, whenever necessary;
- Take Management meeting minutes, based on CEO’s direction distribute the decisions and directions to concerned work units.
- Scheduling Management meetings, handling logistics of meetings, sending materials for review prior to the meetings, taking, distributing notes, and fielding general queries from Management members.
- Follows up and facilitates the implementation of Management decisions;
- Summarizes reports directed to the CEO and presents same on time;
- Follows up on the execution of the major project and other activities which need the close attention of the CEO;
- Ensures that documents in the CEO’s office are organized and kept in good custody for easy reference;
- Screening matters directed to CEO and helping the CEO in identifying the strategic areas which need attention;
- Assist and advise the CEO in effective decision-making
- Review complaints lodged to the CEO and facilitates the mechanism to resolve the issues with concerned work units;
- Reviewing and following upcoming meetings for the week to ensure the CEO has all of the information needed to be as productive as possible and sending out agenda items or documents to meeting attendees as necessary;
- Coordinates internal and external communications; drafting letters, newsletters, reports, pitch decks, speeches, or presentations for the CEO;
- Coordinates and presents agenda items for CEO approval for the leadership team and management meetings;
- Support the CEO in maintaining strong relationships with key partners and stakeholders.
- Attend executive meetings take minutes and deliver progress reports to CEO;
- Planning and leading leadership and management retreats, step-backs, and other special events.
- Overseeing large, often cross-functional organization-wide projects or initiatives when assigned to do so;
- Assist CEO with internal communication, meeting with other leaders, and facilitating problems to be resolved;
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
BA/BSC Degree in Secretarial Science & Office Management, Business Management, Engineering, or any other field of study.
3 years relevant work experience, preferably in FMCG industry
Required Skills and Attributes
- Excellent English communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to prioritize tasks and strong problem-solving skills
- Extensive knowledge of office administration, clerical procedures, and recordkeeping procedures.
- Managing multiple and changing priorities at once.
- Diary Management
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and a high level of accuracy.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, MS Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
How to Apply
- We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) an updated CV with at least three professional references to email@example.com
- It is mandatory to mention the position title in the subject line of your email and cover letter.
- Mention your current and expected salary in the cover letter or email.
- Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application at this stage.
- Women are highly encouraged to apply.
N.B. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Feb 17, 2023