Expeditor and Maintenance Service Assistant Full-time Job2023-01-25 11:11 Transportation & Logistics Addis Ababa 39 views
Post Title: Expeditor and Maintenance Service Assistant Grade 6
Department: Ethiopia Country Office, Addis Ababa May 2020
Summary Scope of Work:
The Maintenance Service Assistant, will provide a general maintenance and repairing service work for Jhpiego Ethiopia office. He/she will report to the Logistics Officer and work closely with the operations team to ensure the smooth running of the general service operation. This will include providing maintenance service for office building facilities, plumber, routine or extensive preventative maintenance and repair.
- Position Reports to: Logistics Officer
- Position Supervised: None
All staff members of Jhpiego, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
- Model the mission and values stated above.
- Actively participate in the business development process.
- Actively participate in the knowledge sharing and transfer process.
- Make responsible decisions that result in both time and cost containment
- Maintaining and repairing emergency alarm line, office canteen items such as kitchen oven, refrigerator …etc.).
- Perform both major and minor repair work around the building such as locks, curtains and installing window blinds, replace & repair broken windows and door locks and related works.
- Repair the office extension and direct telephone line wire system.
- Fix signs, white board and notice board on walls and as necessary drilling of wall for hanging any office signs or notice board.
- Install and repair electric wiring, replace bulbs, capacitors, sockets, etc.
- Ensure that control panels and electric locks are in proper working condition.
- Ensuring the maintenance of the water tanker, pumps, toilet water flash, water basin, water pipeline installation and sanitary work etc.
- Inspect the office electric and water system for possible problems and report findings and making timely maintenance.
- Maintains accurate records of preventative maintenance schedules for office furniture, equipment (generators, kitchen equipment, water filters, etc.) and fixtures.
- Maintaining and repairing of the office generator such as inspect motors, and belts check fluid levels, replace oil and fuel filters, and perform other maintenance actions, following checklists of the generator handbook
- Perform troubleshooting issues relating to the generator's electrical and mechanical and conduct preventative maintenance, and ensures all work complies with the generator’s mechanical and electrical work.
- Control the generator fuel consumption, prepare the monthly fuel consumption and submit a report to the Logistics Officer on monthly basis.
- Perform general maintenance on sanitary and mechanical systems of office building
- Repairing and maintaining the office furniture (table, chair, cupboard/lockers, drawer...etc).
- Perform inspection of the premises and ensure that any hazardous conditions are immediately taken care of.
- Perform any other work related with repairing office building and travel to the Regional Offices when there is a need.
- Perform any other work assigned by supervisor.
- Certificate a diploma in technical & vocational or related field,
- At least 3 years of experience in general service work or related areas,
- Candidates must have a strong understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems of the generator and generator repair experience.
- Knowledge of electrical & mechanical hand tools and others.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, and excellent interpersonal skills,
- Ability to work proactively, organize and manage own work and assist others to do the same
How to Apply
Applicant are expected to STRICTLY follow the below listed application procedures:
- Only qualified and interested applicants can submit application letter and well written curriculum vitae saved in one complied PDF format.
- Applicants are required to state their current basic salary in their application letter.
- Applicants must make sure their application document is saved by their full name in PDF format.
- CREDENTIALS OR WORK CERTIFICATES MUST NOT BE SUBMITTED.
- The job position being applied for must be explicitly stated in the application letter.
- Applicants must use this E-mail HREthiopia@jhpiego.org to submit applications and make sure to state the job position title applying for in the subject line.
- Applications not fulfilling the requirements stated above will automatically be rejected.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package. The winning candidate is expected to start within short period after finalization of the recruitment process.
The deadline for applications is January 30, 2022.
Jan 30, 2023