Field Coordinator for LISEC Project Full-time Job2023-02-03 21:54 Social science and community Mojo 124 views
People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout our over 25 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance 2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe. In our over 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs.
PIN currently is seeking energetic, disciplined, responsible Field Coordinator
PIN currently invites applicants for the position of Field Coordinator
Length of Contract: definite (until April 30/2024)
Field coordinator (FC) is fully responsible for successful implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the project activities and outputs. FC is also responsible to achieve the specific results of the project in proper quality and time. FC works under supervision of a Project Manager, and supervising Field officers, collaborates with woreda government Officials, Kebele administrative, community and other PIN staff. As per contract of employment, FC is accountable for the regulation and rule of PIN including core values of the organization and safeguarding requirements.
Field Coordinator Specific Duties and Responsibilities
PROJECT RELATED REQUIREMENTS
- Participate on the preparation of project plan, baseline surveys, community assessment, studies, monitoring and evaluations through collecting data, mobilizing community;
- Understanding of MSE development (business plan, market assessment, product promotion, risk analysis…)
- plan and support MSE linkages to appropriate business development skills services (innovative businesses, new business partnerships, market-oriented schemes…) providers
- responsible for linking targeted beneficiaries to financial services (accounting and financial records, savings, loans…) as per project strategies and building on financial management capacities of MSE
- closely work with MSEs office to ensure proper loan disbursement among MSEs and provide all the required technical assistance to ensure timely loan repayment by MSEs
- develop checklist and conduct regular monitoring visits to follow up on the MSE members’ businesses
- Conduct beneficiary selection/re – identification based on set criteria in collaboration with field officers and project stakeholders
- Prepare action plan for the implementation of project activities according to the log frame and timeframe of the project
- Implement and monitor project activities on the regular basis
- Undertakes regular visits to the project intervention areas, TVET colleges, MSEs, tanneries, SHGs using PIN standard monitoring checklist.
- Lead on regular project team meetings and providing necessary feedbacks and suggestions for the improvement of project quality
- Supervise and capacitate Field officers based on their job description and project activities;
- Attain adequate results in proper quality and in time
- Follow security rules and enforce the security rules with the project team
- Ensure visibility of PIN among the communities and government staff
- Meeting all project related deadlines
- Ensures correctness and completeness of information acquired and delivered.
- Facilitate training delivery process in collaboration with the project stakeholder in the project operation areas.
- Regularly supervise, provide technical support and coordinate the project field officers
- Collaborate with the education expert on project related /education program strategic goal and priorities
- Evaluate Field officers as per their job description;
- Facilitate different awareness raising community meetings, campaigns and events in collaboration with Field officers
- Actively collaborates with PIN’s other ongoing project team members in the project operation areas
- Assist schools in planning and implementing school development plan
Document copies of every steps of project activities like list of beneficiaries, distribution list, agreement, attendances, minutes, bylaws, and any necessary documents;
Prepare the best practices and success stories; prepare photo documentations for the implementation of each project activities;
PLANNING AND REPORTING
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly plan and report specific to the position and submit to project manager.
- The reports and plans shall be submitted every Thursday afternoon and will contain a shortlist of activities achieved in the past week and activities planned for the next one
- Prepare and share quality and professional report on every training, workshop, meeting, campaign, experience sharing sessions, exposure visits and other project related events
- Plan and submit weekly logistics and cash needs to LISEC project manager
COMMUNICATION & NETWORKING
- Organize and document beneficiaries’ profile and progress information and share to the project manager and team members in timely manner
- Communicate regularly with project stakeholders and partners at zonal and woreda level
- Ensure maintenance of good personal relations to beneficiaries, government staff project team and supervisor
- Involve in the development of materials and guidelines
- Facilitate the translation of relevant checklists and tools to local language when necessary
- Employees are obliged not to purvey any information concerning any of PIN activities to outsiders (including former PIN employees, who may no more be informed about current process in PIN
- Keep all the confidential information of the organization as needed
Financial / Administrative Requirements
- Prepare Purchase request as per the Annual purchase plan;
- Plan, request and follow up purchase and delivery of required materials and equipment’s in collaboration with procurement and logistics)
- Collect the procure materials from PIN on time ensuring the quality of the items as per specification of approved purchase request and plan;
- Facilitate the payments to training participants etc.
- Perform other assignments corresponding to actual needs of the mission, program and project
- Substitute other Field Officers during on absence while assigned by the Project Manager
- Understand and adherence to overall PIN code of conducts, policies, guidelines and manual
- Understand and Adhere to all donor’s and PIN’s guidelines and policies, with special focus on safeguarding and protection policies
- Build and maintaining excellent personal, interpersonal, team sprit relations within the Project members, PIN staffs, community and other stakeholders
Accountability and Safeguarding including Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment (SEAH)
- Carry out the duties in accordance with the PIN Code of Conduct and Key policies.
- Participate in training and awareness raising (CoC and KP, Safeguarding…).
- Ensure that his/her team members attend training and awareness sessions and carry out the duties in accordance with PIN Code of Conduct and Key policies.
- Ensure that due diligence and/or capacity assessments of partners include an assessment of partners’ implementation of key safeguarding and risk policies/ procedure including the prevention of SEAH.
- Create and maintain a fulfilling and protective environment.
- Standard work schedule of 40 hours per week from Monday to Friday
- Per diems for working and Accommodation outside of the duty office depending on the location
- Transport Allowance
- Bank loan facilities
- 20 days of paid annual and after 5 years of work an extra paid day for every year
- Extra days of paid leaves for selected holidays
- Medical insurance, including spouse and children
- Accident insurance for all injuries during work time based on the law
- Pension contribution of 11 % from PIN
- Paternity leave of extra 2 paid days above the mandatory 3 days
- Maternity leave according to the law and extra financial motherhood support
- Monthly mobile phone hybrid tariff
- PIN supports fast career growth and internal mobility
- International environment with opportunities to learn from other PIN’s country programs
- Extensive Capacity Building program, both internal and external trainings, including the Induction training
- Internal online learning opportunities, such as access to PIN’s e-learning platform and webinars
- Annual staff retreat
- Friendly and fair work environment with small collective where everyone knows each other
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Rural Livelihoods and Development, Rural development, Community Development, Sociology, TVET leadership, Entrepreneurship, Business Management and other related and relevant fields of studies
- Experience in working with unemployed youth, job creation, stakeholders and community mobilization, Gender mainstreaming, leadership skill and team player
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a development project context/sector
- NGO experience is advantageous
- Good networking, representation and coordination and negotiation skills with stakeholders, government and other agencies.
- Planning, coordination and report writing skills
- Good communication and capacity to work under stress
- Good command of MS Package (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Knowledge of spoken & written Amharic, English
- 3 strong references (will be crosschecked/contacted.
How to Apply
- Interested applicants for the position should send their CV and Cover letter as soon as possible via the following link: Apply to:- Field Coordinator for LISEC Project until February 09/2023
- Should any information needed please contact using: email@example.com
- People in Need is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and committed to promoting the welfare of children and adults with whom People in Need engages /is in contact with. People in Need expects all staff to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp People in Need Staff will undertake the appropriate level of training.
- All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
- We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Feb 9, 2023