Finance Officer (Re-Advert) Full-time Job2023-02-10 18:19 Accounting and finance Bahir Dar 76 views
ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION INSTITUTE
Position: Finance Officer (Re-Advert)
Duty Station(s): Bahir Dar
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: February 19, 2023
The Agricultural Transformation Institute (ATI) has been established by the Government of Ethiopia (GoE) to identify and address systemic bottlenecks to Ethiopia’s agricultural development. The Institute does this through problem-solving, implementation support, and capacity building of stakeholders involved in the implementation of interventions that address the systemic bottlenecks.
ATI provides a unique platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our teams with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
The programmatic focus of the Institute responds to a core set of needs identified by the Ministry of Agriculture and other sectors along commodity value chains. Across the programs, the ATI engages public, private, and non-governmental stakeholders to support strategic planning, manage and strengthen implementation capacity and test innovative models. Currently, ATI is tasked to coordinate the revised Agriculture and Rural Development policy agendas of the sector and such sectoral level delegation requires high level expertise in the policy areas and skillsets in coordination and networking with multiple stakeholders.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great teamwork to achieve excellent results.
At ATI, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
The Finance Officer is responsible for verifying source documents, registering vouchers in Agresso Finance & IFMIS and effect payments timely incompliance with ATI internal policies and procedures. He/she will also be responsible to follow up receivables, payables, and Disbursements. The officer will also be supporting budget holders during budget preparation, checking & monitoring the proper budget utilization as well as reporting. The Finance Officer reports to the Senior Finance Officer.
- Verify Source documents, Analyse the transaction and Register vouchers in Agresso Finance & IFMIS timely and accurately (Bank Payment Voucher, Petty Cash Payment Voucher, Cash Receipt Voucher & Journal Voucher).
- Effect payments timely incompliance with ATI internal policies and procedures.
- Maintain the integrity of ATI Agresso Finance, ERP and IFMIS based computerized accounting systems
- Follow up receivables, payables, and Disbursements.
- Review and ensure compliance of vouchers and Source documents
- Assist the Senior Finance Officer in ensuring smooth implementation of robust and adequate financial systems and procedures in line with ATI financial policies and good accounting practices.
- Handle Receivables, Bank Reconciliations & Ensure that payments are completed within agreed timelines, and only when authorization is received as per the ATI financial policies.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are fully supported, accurately coded and that they are all captured in Agresso Finance, ERP and IFMIS daily – supporting documentation is properly filed for ease of retrieval.
- Implement internal working procedures on cash, creditor, and debtor management.
- Ensure petty cash, banks, floats, and advances are processed in accordance with ATA policies and reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that internal financial controls relating to Financial Data, Receivables, cash on hand and bank are consistently applied & conduct surprise cash count.
- Organize and Deliver complete Regional Branch Office Financial Documents to the senior Finance Officer review before it is sent to the Head Office Finance as per the agreed timeline.
- Support internal and external audit processes & Assist the Senior Finance Officer in producing timely reports.
- Processes Check Requests and all accounts payable invoices in a timely manner.
- Review vendor statements for outstanding invoices; research and resolve invoices listed as unpaid.
- Record numerical data to keep financial records complete, ensure appropriate processes & approvals are adhered to maintain accurate records both electronic & manual.
- Maintain service & vendor files, perform basic data compilation tasks, perform calculating, posting & verifying duties to maintain accounting records and Check accuracy of figures.
- Processes petty cash reimbursement requests according to policy, registration of Vouchers in Agresso Finance and IFMIS, Preparing Check & Bank Transfer Letters.
- Maintains staff confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Collects Cash/Cheque/direct bank transfers from staff, suppliers and donors, posts to an excel register and issues cash receipts accordingly.
- Check validity of expenses and receipt presented for payment with respect to reasonable, allowable, and allocable basis.
- Ensure that all payments, travel advances, staff claims, purchase/work orders and Journals are complete, legitimate with supporting documentation and ensuring that all transactions are properly authorized before payments are to be made.
- Closely work with budget holders during budget preparation. And, supporting on checking & monitoring the proper budget utilization as well as reporting
- Confirm the sub-grantees utilization performance and facilitate the subsequent fund release by closely working with respective budget holder and technical team.
- Prepare an overall sub grantees financial status portfolio and performance report on regular basis and submit to management.
- Review financial utilization reports of sub grantees and submit to regional finance team to be settled or post reviewed sub grantee financial reports into ERP as per delegation matrix
- Regularly update and maintain sub-grant files on ERP grant management module, and hardcopy files.
- Assure that closed sub-grantees are inactive on the ERP/Agresso and no payments are recorded.
- Perform other tasks as instructed by the Regional Senior Finance Officer or Regional Operations Director
· MA/BA Degree in Accounting, or Accounting & Finance
· Work Experience – Minimum 3 years for MA /5 Years for BA in Finance officer mainly on projects.
· Special Training- Computer knowledge in MS Office (Excel, Word, particularly QuickBooks etc.)
· Prior Knowledge of Automated Accounting system like ERP is an asset
· Other Requirements knowledge of local laws of the country
· Willingness in working long hours and ability to work with other teams;
· Commitment to ATI values
· Fluency in English and Amharic languages is required.
How to Apply
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter, (ii) CV (maximum 5 pages), and (iii) a completed ATI Application Form at http://apply.ata.gov.et/
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Feb 19, 2023