Gender Based Violence Specialist (2) Full-time Job2023-02-03 01:12 Public Service Addis Ababa 63 views
- The GBV specialists will be accountable for the formulation, design, planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the 3R-4-CACE project with a focus on GBV prevention and response
- Support a desk/literature review of available assessments, existing global, national, regional GBV prevention and response manuals, guidelines, and SOPs for targeted woredas in Afar, Amhara, Benishangul-Gumuz and Oromia regions
- Provide guidance and technical input in workshops and meetings as required
- Provide training to stakeholders and other service providers in the areas on GBV case management, basic concepts of GBV, prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse on GBV, GBV referrals and coordination mechanisms, and GBV mainstreaming into other sectors
- Collate, review, and provide technical input on all relevant assessment tools
- Provide training to the research team that will be engaged in data collection
- Provide technical input and direction to all assessment and mapping exercise
- Identify and oversee data collection (focused group discussions [FGD], in-depth interviews [IDIs], and key informant interviews [KIIs]) with the eligible respondents in all target regions and woredas
- Assist in presenting draft and final findings, interpretations and recommendations in a report for validation
- Contribute and provide technical support in the development of capacity building strategy and curriculums
Education & Qualifications:
- Post Graduate Degree in Psychology, Psychiatry, Social work or Social/Behavioral Science.
- 7-8 years of work experience in Ethiopia, including in the regions, leading instrument development and implementation of GBV, GBV case management and capacity building.
- Understands and applies a survivor-centered approach, including GBV Guiding Principles
- Demonstrates knowledge and abilities to oversee implementation of a multi-sectorial response to GBV
- Exhibits empathy and positive interpersonal skills, including cultural competence
- Demonstrates knowledge of GBV prevention theory and identifies and applies prevention strategies at different stages of the 3R-4-CACE project as it pertains to the scope above
- Willing to travel 30% of the time within Ethiopia
- Fluency in Amharic, English and/or Afan Oromo and Afar
How to Apply
Applicant are expected to STRICTLY follow the below listed application procedures:
- Only qualified and interested applicants can submit application letter and well written curriculum vitae saved in one complied PDF format.
- Applicants are required to state their current basic salary in their application letter.
- Applicants must make sure their application document is saved by their full name in PDF format.
- CREDENTIALS OR WORK CERTIFICATES MUST NOT BE SUBMITTED.
- The job position being applied for must be explicitly stated in the application letter.
- Applicants must use this E-mail HREthiopia@jhpiego.org to submit applications and make sure to state the job position title applying for in the subject line.
- Applications not fulfilling the requirements stated above will automatically be rejected.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package. The winning candidate is expected to start within short period after finalization of the recruitment process.
The deadline for applications is February 15, 2022.
Feb 15, 2023