General Manager Full-time Job2023-01-17 22:32 Medical & Healthcare Addis Ababa 36 views
About St. Gabriel Catholic Health Center
- Saint Gabriel Catholic Health Center (SGCHC) is a not-for-profit nongovernmental health institution owned by the Ethiopian Catholic Church (ACS/ECC-SDCO,A.A.), and run in collaboration with Brothers of Our Lady of Lourdes or Brothers of Good Works in Ethiopia. The mission of SGCHC is to provide holistic, affordable and quality health care to all, in a compassionate and loving environment which is consistent with the Christian principles on which we are founded on and promoting access to health care to the less privileged and vulnerable social groups, like women, children and the financially destitute.
- SGCHC is providing comprehensive health care services to the population of the catchment area and neighboring woredas in line with the government and the Ethiopian Catholic Church health policy since 2011.
- Accordingly, for the successful implementation of the health center project activities, the Board of Governors of ECC St. Gabriel Catholic Health Center would like to invite interested and qualified applicants for the following position.
The Board of Governors of SGCHC is looking for a self-motivated and results-driven general manager to direct and manage the health center’s activities and to develop and implement effective health service provision strategies and programs.
Some of the duties for the general manager will include
- Monitors and evaluates the health center project activities in collaboration with stakeholders, and other concerned bodies;
- Coordinate the preparation of project plans and ensures their timely submission to the concerned body.
- Ensures that project activities are implemented in accordance with the project proposal signed.
- Present the health center’s profile, plan, report and different cases concerning the health center project to concerned bodies.
- Ensure that activities implementation status is regularly gauged against the indicators in the project proposal to identify gaps.
- Propose project ideas to design new projects and secure funds from different sources; Identify funding and other financial opportunities.
- Prepares detail annual plan ( physical and financial) in collaboration with concerned SGCHC staff;
- Maintain relationship and Network with relevant NGOs, Governmental Organizations and the private sector.
- Co-ordinates and creates team spirit among health center staffs to maximize the achievements.
- Managing administrative and program costs,
- Ensuring good client service,
- Improving administration processes, hiring and training of employees,
- Monitoring and provide strategic direction on financial, human resource management and medical service provision activities in the health center.
Education/ Training Required
- Master’s Degree in Public Health , Health Service Management, Project Management or Hospital and Health Care Administration with health science background.
- 10 years related experience out of which four years on managerial position preferably in nongovernmental organization setting. (project management experience is a plus)
- The successful candidate for this position should possess
- Demonstrated analytical and report and proposal writing skill
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Good computer skills in Microsoft (word, excel and power point)
- Excellent communication skills,
- Superior knowledge of project management and donor’s requirement,
- Good budgeting, and finance skills, and
- Strong leadership qualities and stress resistant
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates for the position stated above are requested to submit their letter specifying for the position they are applying, updated CV, and other relevant credentials (such as Degree, Transcript, recommendation letters, evidence of relevant experience, and other relevant documents) to reception of Ethiopian Catholic Church Social and Development coordinating office of Addis Ababa, which is located in front of Anbessa Garage ( On the way from Bole to Megenagna, Near the ring road)
Applicants may apply in writing to: ECC St Gabriel Catholic Health Center
P.O. Box 13236 Addis Ababa,
Applicants can apply to the following email address
Dates of Application: 10 working days from the date of announcement.
Date Posted- January 17, 2023
For more information, please do not hesitate to call us on +251 912046681
Jan 31, 2023