Hardware Junior Engineer POS Full-time Job2023-01-30 23:54 Engineering Addis Ababa 40 views
Overview: Main responsibility involves preparation of new Hardware for deployment as well as repair and maintenance of the faulty POS devices received at the Lab. Repairs process involves screening, diagnosis, identification of the faulty components or parts and fixing the devices to restore them to proper working condition as per the laid down procedure in the department.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting hardware to establish or confirm reported faults.
- Identifying faults in the POS devices and carrying out repairs as per the laid down procedures.
- Meet the daily set targets and complete any other duty assigned by the supervisor by the end of each work day.
- Comply with the set escalation matrix when conducting repairs at the different levels.
- Carry out initialization process on new/repaired POS devices as per the set work procedure.
- Responsible for proper use and care of the tools and equipment provided for working.
- Observe safety standards set when working in the Lab at all times.
- Maintain neat work surfaces in the Lab at all times.
- Notify the Head of POS department of any accidents or incidents which occur while working in the Lab.
- Continuously seek to improve technical knowledge and skills through training and research.
- Prepare and submit daily reports of work done as required.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor or management from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/electrical engineering.
- 2+ years of hands-on development experience in POS / cash register machine maintenance.
How to Apply
The Application should have: Application letter, CV and letter of reference/recommendation
Application area: Drop your CV at Quantum Technology office or email your CV in the next 3 consecutive working days.
Location: Addis Ababa, Meskel Flower, Enat Bank Building 4th floor
Feb 2, 2023