Head of HR / HR Director Full-time Job2023-01-23 22:25 Human Resources Ziway 67 views
About Sher Ethiopia
Sher Ethiopia PLC operates the largest rose farm in the world in Ziway, in the vicinity of Lake Ziway. Besides this rose farm which is located 160 kilometres south of Addis Ababa, Sher Ethiopia also operates two other rose production farms: one in Adami Tulu and one in Koka. The combined greenhouse capacity of Sher Ethiopia amounts to 500 hectares, where more than 1.1 billion roses are produced and exported each year in many varieties and colours. All activities are performed by local employees (currently around 12.000 FTE). Besides its farm activities, Sher provides education to over 6,800 children at three locations and offers medical services via their own Hospital, located in Ziway.
Sher Ethiopia is looking for a professional and experienced Head of HR / HR Director – located in Ziway who is HR-end responsible for all three farms, schools and hospital.
The Human Resources (HR) Head is responsible for the planning, management, implementation and maintenance of Sher’s human resource services and he /she ensures that Sher is following national and international requirements in all aspect of HR for all Sher’s entities ( farms, schools and hospital)
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Plans, implements and evaluates all HR activities as per the policy and procedures of the company and as per employee life cycle (manpower planning, hiring, development, administration, payroll and termination).
- Ensuring all departments are supplied with required manpower to operate their jobs effectively and efficiently.
- Manages the overall administration and coordination of the Company’s HR function, with the assistance of the Assistant HR Head, the HR Coordinators and line HR’s
- Manages, coordinates, leads, organizes and plans support staff under the HR department in the main office.
- Responsible for the support, supervision and evaluation of all the line human resource managers and staffs.
- Drives improvement changes and projects of HR and the total HR team
- Handles grievances and/or complaints from employees and provide appropriate solutions. And create smooth work environment.
- Ensures legal compliance is met in all HR activities
- Advice management team on best practice in human resources and ensure that local legislative and CBA requirements are adhered to in relation to employment issues.
- Designs and provides capacity building trainings in coordination with concerned departments and the T&D Manager from his / her HR team.
- Ensures the awareness for employees in areas of labor related and industrial relations issues.
- Designs, develops and maintains HR manual, Manager Directives, Job Matrix and the C&B policy
- Advises and supports management, solicited and unsolicited, regarding HR related issues and questions.
- Monitors the conduct of performance appraisal as per set schedules, provides technical guidance to appraisers, oversees proper documentation and timely decision making of related decisions
- Keeps abreast of new legislation and social changes and ensures compliance by Sher by introducing new policy or adjusting existing policy.
- Monitors and safeguards the quality and progress of (the execution of) HR activities by the HR department and corrects them if necessary.
Skills set of the candidate
- Energetic young HR professional with about 10 years of HR managerial experience in a production environment ( Bsc or Msc level)
- A person who is well adapted to HRIS /Payroll software systems like Successfactors, who is a smart, strategic and progressive thinker and enabler / facilitator /coach and who is capable of implementing and controlling structured HR processes related to the employee life cycle events and to work with a yearly strategic HR agenda.
- Oromifa, Amharic and English: speaking ,writing, reading, presenting fluently
- Advanced user of MS office ( outlook, ms teams, excel, word and power point
How to Apply
Feb 1, 2023