Health and Nutrition Nurse Full-time Job2023-01-24 14:24 Medical & Healthcare Jijiga 63 views
Internal/ External Vacancy Announcement No.-Hrv/139/23
Mothers and Children Multisectoral Development Organization (MCMDO) is a national Non-Governmental Organization registered in accordance with the proclamation for Civil Society Organizations Proclamation No 1113/2019 with a certificate No 0022. MCMDO is currently implementing 32 emergency response and development projects in all regions and City Administrations in Ethiopia.
To meet its objectives MCMDO calls for competent professionals to apply for the following vacant positions implemented in partnership with WHH-GAA ad funded by EHF.
The mobile Health and nutrition Nurse is responsible to participate in MHNT and provide emergency PHC services, management of SAM cases, consultation and treatments services, facilitate referral of cases and on site nutritional screening. Furthermore, MHN nurse will make sure, adequate amount of equipment and other medical and nutritional supplies are in stock
Duties and Responsibility
- Provide technical support to local health workers for the delivery of emergency and primary health care services such as IMNCI/ICCM activities to people who have no access to the services.
- Facilitate and provide health and nutrition education for care takers and beneficiaries
- Check vaccinations status and refer to health facilities when required;
- Ensure nutritional follow-up of the SAM children admitted to the OTP program.
- Ensure medical examination at discharge: validate the discharge upon the status of the patients.
- Facilitate on site nutritional screening and admission of cases with sever acute malnutrition
- As part of MHN team .he, she will provide basic primary health and nutrition service for people with no access to health and nutrition services
- Improving basic preventive health care at community level with emphasis health, immunization, health and nutrition services.
- Provide consultation & provide proper treatment based on the protocol
- Strengthening of linkages and coordination mechanisms between community and the Woreda health bureaus.
- Strengthening of early referrals mechanism.
- provide nutritional treatments care for than five children admitted to OTP and refer those With medical complication and poor appetite
- Train and support the HEWs in severe acute malnutrition case management and follow-up according to national guidelines.
- Train and support community-based volunteer health workers for the implementation of the community component of the project.
- Ensure each and every admitted child receives adequate and quality clinical and nutritional care through existing resources.
- Ensure at all times adequately equipped and supplied with the necessary nutritional and clinical requirements – Plumpy’nut, Vitamin A, routine drugs, nutritional equipment’s, nutritional/medical stationeries, etc.
Project Title: Live saving Multisectoral emergency Response
Project Location: Somali (Filtu)
Duration of the project: 12 months
Reporting to: project field coordinator
Number of Post: 02
Required qualification and experience
- BSC Graduated in clinical or public Nurse
- At least 3 Years’ experience preferably in NGO
- Ability to communicate effectively in local languages verbally and in writing.
- Be able to work under pressure with tight deadline.
- Good computer knowledge of MS Office Packages is preferable.
- Very good interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team to undertake tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to live, work and travel in conflict areas.
How to Apply
NB: Females are highly encouraged to apply
Application procedure: Interested and qualified applicants shall send your non-returnable application letter together with CV through firstname.lastname@example.org within five working days from the day of this announcement. Only submit your CV and Application Letter and mention your position on the Subject line.
Address: Ginfele Infront of Ras Amba Hotel.
Jan 27, 2023