Health officer Full-time Job2023-01-24 22:32 Medical & Healthcare Jijiga 80 views
Internal/ External Vacancy Announcement No. -Hrv/140/23
Mothers and Children Multisectoral Development Organization (MCMDO) is a national Non-Governmental Organization registered in accordance with the proclamation for Civil Society Organizations Proclamation No 1113/2019 with a certificate No 0022. MCMDO is currently implementing 32 emergency response and development projects in all regions and City Administrations in Ethiopia.
To meet its objectives MCMDO calls for competent professionals to apply for the following vacant positions implemented in partnership with WHH-GAA ad funded by EHF.
- Supporting woredas and PHCU in planning and conducting nutrition screening activities.
- Help in facilitating and conducting different workshops and trainings for Woreda health staff as per the project description
- Ensuring existence of functional referral pathways and linkages between communities and HF and vice versa;
- Promoting the availability of services to which beneficiaries can be referred, training of staff in nutrition screening and referral services;
- Make sure that HFs are equipped with minimum supplies needed for nutrition screening activities, (e.g. MUAC tapes, registration and reporting format, referral forms
- Mentoring health workers for health facilities on quality of service.
- Make sure Proper distribution and use of medical equipment, non-medical equipment, supplies, and essential drugs to health facilities.
- Identify gaps in terms of quality service provision and design intervention and develop action plans to handle activities and improve quality of service
- Supervise quality standards through monitoring and conducting supervision of clinical services (eg. Ambulance utilization, client satisfaction, client records, provider-client interaction, management of stock, record-keeping, adequate infrastructure, functioning equipment)
- Support and Strengthen the referral linkage with the Health facility and community level in the respective woreda .
- Regular collection , compile, and organize data from monitoring and supervision activities and translate data into reports to be submitted to IRC field office regularly.
- Reviewing clinical incidents including root cause analysis and action plan in collaboration with providers Provide timely updates to service providers on clinical guidelines.
- Timely submitting of any report related to the health program including emergency health situation and related factors in your local or their operation woredas.
Project title: lifesaving multispectral emergency Response project
Project Location: Somali (Filtu)
Duration of the project: 12 months
Reporting to: Field based Project coordinator
Number of Post: 01
Required qualification and experience
- BSC in health officer, Nursing ,MD and related fields,
- Has at least 3 years of practical experience in managing projects/ or work as clinician Hospital or HC
- Demonstrated leadership ability to inspire and empower others;
- Demonstrated technical and team building ability, sound judgment, ability to interact and work effectively with others at all levels;
- Organize and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and partner organizations to facilitate the provision of support
- Proficiency in verbal and written English, Somli,Amharic and site local language
- Concept paper development, operational planning, budget planning and management, monitoring and evaluation, report writing;
- Has the experience of working in multi-cultural environment and local communities.
- Has the ability to synthesize and analyze information critically.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability work in a team environment.
- Ability to work flexibly including weekends and willingness to travel and work in rural locations and live in basic conditions.
How to Apply
NB: Females are highly encouraged to apply
Application procedure: Interested and qualified applicants shall send your non-returnable application letter together with CV through email@example.com within five working days from the day of this announcement. Only submit your CV and Application Letter and mention your position on the Subject line.
Address: Ginfele Infront of Ras Amba Hotel.
Jan 27, 2023