Shemu Group is a conglomerate company composed of Shemu PLC, Asveza Ethiopia Retailing Share Company other functional private limited companies with a fast growth track record. The Companies in the group engaged in manufacturing (liquid soap, bar soap, Edible oil and shortening products), retail service providing, printing, trading and engineering. Based on this, our sister Company, Shemu Management Consultants PLC want to hire competent, energetic, enthusiastic and capable applicants for the post we have.
The manager is responsible for attracting, motivating, and retaining the most qualified talent by directing the administrative functions of the HR department. The manager also handles employee-related services, regulatory compliance, and employee relations tasks. The manager also identify opportunities to increase an organization's effectiveness by efficiently utilizing and managing their resources. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring that the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of human resources plans and programs are realized. The manager also designs, implements, and oversees organization development policies to improve company performance. Part of organizational development duties include examining current policies and practices, identifying issues or weaknesses, and developing solutions to align with business goals.
HRM detail responsibilities
- Developing and administering human resources plans and procedures that relate to company human capital.
- Planning, organizing, and controlling the activities and actions of the HRM & OD department.
- Contributing to the development of HRM & OD department goals, objectives, and systems
- Implementing and revising a company’s compensation program
- Creating and revising job descriptions
- Conducting annual salary surveys
- Developing, analyzing, and updating the company’s salary budget
- Developing, analyzing and updating the company’s evaluation program
- Developing, revising, and recommending Human Capital policies and procedures
- Maintaining and revising the company’s handbook on policies and procedures
- Overseeing recruitment efforts, new employee orientations, benefits administration and critical exit interviews
- Maintaining department records and reports
- Developing clear policies and ensuring policy awareness.
OD detail responsibilities
- Preparing business structures, procedures, processes, and the utilization of resources.
- Designing and implementing a variety of developmental initiatives, action plans, programs, and training materials.
- Facilitating targeted skills development initiatives.
- Guide the utilization, development, or hiring of human capital.
- Leading business optimization initiatives by conducting individual or group training sessions for staffs.
- Contributing to the restructuring of departments to increase efficiency and align activities with business objectives.
- Optimizing personnel utilization by increasing cross-functionality and interdepartmental cooperation.
- Measuring the impact of interventions on staff performance, efficiency, employee retention, and job satisfaction.
- Advising executives and senior managers and recommending efficient and cost-effective solutions for identified challenges.
- Documenting processes and presenting progress reports to executives and senior managers.
- Bachelor’s degree/master's degree in human resources management, management, business management or related business field with a total of 7/5 years' experience in related position of which at least 4/2 years in supervisory or managerial position
- Experience using computers and ERP suites for a variety of tasks.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues.
- Experience in training and coaching staff
- Experience in conflict resolution, disciplinary processes and workplace investigations
- Experience in following and maintaining workplace privacy.
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety laws
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfill the stated requirements can submit their application letter, CV, and relevant credentials with non-returnable photocopies in person within seven (07) consecutive days to Shemu Group Corporate Office located around Kality Total, in front of Kaliti Metals Factory, Shemu Group Corporate Office 2nd floor Or through email stating “Application for the post in which you are applying for” in the subject line through email email@example.com in a single pdf file attachment. Email applicants who do not follow the application instruction will NOT be considered.
Shemu Management Consultants PLC
Feb 14, 2023