ICT Manager Full-time Job2023-02-06 19:00 Social science and community Addis Ababa 65 views
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding. For nearly 60 years, CRS has taken the lead in responding to natural and man-made disasters affecting Ethiopia's most vulnerable communities. Moving beyond emergency response, CRS' disaster mitigation and recovery projects in drought and flood-prone areas have rebuilt individual and community assets through non-food aid in the form of agriculture, livestock, health, nutrition, and water and sanitation assistance. CRS's humanitarian work in Ethiopia also provides livelihoods support to farmers and entrepreneurs, promotes equality and inclusion, and mitigates the impact of COVID-19.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position.
Job Title: Head of Human Resources
Required number: One
Employment Term: Indefinite term
Reports To: Deputy Country Representative Operations
Country/Location: CRS Ethiopia/Addis Abba
You will ensure the overall strategic coordination, day-to-day management, and key technical oversight of the Country Program’s (CP’s) ICT and ICT4D (ICT) functions in coordination with the Regional Information, Communications and Technology Systems Manager (RIM) to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You will analyze and anticipate operational and programmatic ICT service needs and challenges and will introduce cost-effective technology improvement solutions in accordance with established policies, procedures, and service standards for optimal performance, integrity, security, and strategic alignment of systems.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports. Monitor and assess performance to ensure adequate capacity for successful support of high quality programming.
- Plan, design, direct, and coordinate the installation, configuration, maintenance, availability and security of the CP’s office ICT environment, including the delivery network and ICT infrastructure; manage crisis situations to ensure ongoing ICT enablement of agency business.
- Evaluate user needs and system functionality and ensure that ICT facilities and user devices meet these needs. Ensure timely and quality service delivery, technical support, and advice to user requests.
- Partner with program staff to prioritize and support integration and evolution of ICT solutions in improving program implementation.
- Manage relationships with suppliers, conduct supplier analysis, and assess effectiveness to ensure third-party services meet CRS business requirements and needs. Collaborate with Procurement to ensure ICT purchases are in line with CRS standards and in compliance with donor requirements. Provide strategic guidance and input to budget development with regard to ICT-related expenses.
- Assess and analyze ICT training needs. Provide capacity building (training, coaching, on-the-job support, etc.), remotely or on-site, to staff and partners in ICT-related areas to ensure efficient and consistent adoption and use of ICT applications.
- Monitor ICT systems operations in terms of functionality, security and service delivery and provide statistical and analytical reports on ICT-related data, metrics, and trends. Collaborate with relevant staff to ensure inventory of ICT equipment, hardware, and software is maintained. Monitor functionality, anticipate supply needs and alert managers.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Completion of 1st or 2nd Degree in Social or Natural Sciences with 3 years managerial experience
- Examples of Certification requirements include Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert or equivalent, Cisco Certified Network Associate or equivalent, Microsoft SharePoint Foundations or equivalent and ITIL Foundation Certified.
- Project Management certification preferred.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible related professional experience.
- Experience in introduction, design, implementation, and adoption of relevant technology and data management tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency in management of network/server software and hardware devices and platforms.
- Expert grasp of evolving communication and data network/server technologies and tools, as well as backup and disaster recovery systems.
- Experience with ITSM and systems management tools preferred.
- Strong relationship management skills. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally with a strong client-service focus.
- Very strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical ideas and concerns in a non-technical manner.
- Strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture, make sound decisions, and offer non-standard solutions.
- Strong organization, planning, review, and monitoring skills.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
Required/Desired Foreign Language
Travel Required: Must be willing and able to travel up to 50 %. This is to ensure that there is regular support to our field offices.
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: CP ICT Officer(s) and other staff as required.
Internal: All CP staff, works in a matrix-supervisory relationship with RISA / RIM, members of CRS ICT community, and owners of CRS business systems; specifically HoP, Program Managers, and MEAL officers.
External: CRS partners; Government agencies, NetHope, Peers from other NGOs in the country; and ICT services providers.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
How to Apply
You should fill the application form through this link: https://form.jotform.com/230360808327554 and attach your up-to-date CV on / before the application deadline January 10, 2023. You will be contacted only if selected for written exam/interview. Phone solicitations will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only.
CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.
** Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply**
Feb 16, 2023