ICU and Critical care Nurse Full-time Job2023-02-09 16:11 Medical & Healthcare Addis Ababa 86 views
Washington Medical Center (WMC) is a specialized secondary care health facility managed and staffed by Ethiopian, American and other visiting doctors who are committed to provide quality & affordable health care for residents of Addis Ababa including the international community.
The company is owned and managed by a group of physicians who have decades of experience in healthcare service and management with training and exposure to western standard healthcare and training.
The medical center is born as a result of the shareholders’ deep understanding of the demand for high quality healthcare service in Ethiopia and their deep commitment to contribute what they can towards meeting that. It opened its doors for service in January 2015. It has since become one of the best and the biggest medical centers operating in Addis Ababa serving more than 120,000 patients in just five years.
Currently, the center is primarily an internal medicine specialty center which provides a 24hours service using US and Ethiopian trained doctors. Sub-specialty services of internal medicine such as cardiology, neurology, nephrology, hematology, oncology, endocrinology, infectious diseases and travel medicine are among other disciplines for which the consultant physicians are available. The center will continue to mobilize competent doctors from Ethiopia and abroad to join hands to expand its service even further. The medical center would also be a multi-specialty service center before being upgraded to a full blown tertiary care hospital and medical school.
Required No: Two (2)
Location: Addis Ababa
Duration: Full Time
Starting Date: Immediately after contract agreement concluded
- Evaluate and monitor the patient’s progress.
- Identify sudden or subtle changes in a patient’s medical condition.
- Deliver regular updates to doctors, patients, and their family members.
- Begin treatment and monitor doses.
- If necessary, respond to a medical emergency and alert the appropriate doctors.
- Care for patient needs throughout their recovery in the ICU unit.
- Complete all necessary paperwork before transferring a patient.
- Maintain patient records.
- Create and implement effective care plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- At least 5 years’ experience as an ICU nurse or critical care unit.
- Good understanding of health information structures and technology.
- Available to work 12-hour day and night shifts.
- Demonstrate brilliant empathy and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful and emotional environment
- Critical thinkers who can analyze data to determine health conditions
- Tracks information and patient records in an organized manner
- Prepared to deliver intensive care in case of health emergencies
- Develop a treatment pathway based on the patient’s age, health condition, and personal beliefs
- Monitor, record, and update patient vitals to note any significant health changes
- Detail-oriented when taking notes and vitals with the ability to deliver an assessment on patient’s health status to other team members
- High emotional intelligence to create a positive patient care experience that includes simplifying medical terminology and concepts to the patient.
- Good communication skill
- Analytical skill
- Excellent assessment skill
- Strong organizational skill
How to ApplyQualified and interested applicants can apply through the link: https://ethiotalent.com/job-detail/17
Feb 14, 2023