Internship MIS (FEMALE ONLY INTERNSHIP PROGRAM) Full-time Job2023-01-23 20:10 MAnagement Addis Ababa 62 views
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality, and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
The female-only internship program is a one-year program with the primary objectives of empowering young female graduates and impacting the organization's gender parity that provides emerging female talents an opportunity to apply knowledge and enhance skills through
Mentoring and coaching, expanding their professional network, working on value-added projects, gaining hands-experience, and getting acquainted with the oriental difference.
I. Job Summary
The program Quality and Learning (PQL)Unit works to ensure the quality and delivery of CARE Ethiopia’s programming.in line with this, it oversees the implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL), partnership, financial inclusion, and social and gender transformation works across the different programs and projects of the country office. This internship role is mainly aimed at reinforcing the MEL function of the unit in general and data management works in particular, and of course to provide parallel opportunities for novice female professionals to start their career in that line.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Participate in the collection of routine performance data from program units and field offices
- Validate the accuracy and completeness of data collected, and work with MEAL/MIS team to correct any data gaps.
- Enter performance data into global and national online and offline databases
- Conduct simple data analysis and present findings
- Follow up and monitor the submission of performance reports like PIIRS from different programs; work closely with the Database Management and MIS Advisor in developing the envisaged Program MIS/database
- Prepare and submit the reports of the meetings, training, supervision, monitoring and workshops
- Participate in field monitoring visits organized by PQL and other program units
- Facilitate periodical events (training, workshops) organized by the unit
- Perform other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the direct supervisor and the PQL team.
- BA/BSC in Management Information System (MIS), Information Technology (IT), Data Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management, Statistics, Mathematics, and related field
B) WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 0-1 Year Maximum (Ability to work in a stressful situation can do multi-task, excellent analytical/statistical skills, very good writing skills, team player, and problem solver
C) TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Good written and verbal language skills in Amharic and English
- Good computer proficiency (i.e., Ms. Word, Excel, Access)
- Research and data management skills
- Firm belief in gender equality and sensitivity to vulnerable groups
- Team player, flexible and ability to work under a multi-cultural working setting
- Quick learning ability, communication, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Courage, accountability, respect, excellence, planning, and organizing, initiating action, innovation, interpersonal skill, and stress tolerance.
E) LEVEL OF TRAVEL REQUIRED
- This internship position is located in Addis Ababa with limited travel to project intervention areas
How to Apply
If you are interested to be part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment and contribute to CARE Ethiopia’s mission and vision, please send your CV (not more than 3 pages) and cover letter (not more than one page) through Ethiojobs.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
FEMALE ONLY INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
CARE seeks to improve the lives of the most marginalized, particularly women and girls. Our diversity is our strength. We encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
CARE Ethiopia is committed to preventing all unwanted behavior at work. This includes sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and child abuse. We expect everyone who works for us to share this commitment by understanding and working within the CARE Safeguarding Policy and related framework. CARE Ethiopia has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a vulnerable adult or child by any of our staff, representatives, or partners.
CARE Ethiopia reserves the right to seek information from job applicants’ current and/or previous employers about incidents of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment the applicant may have been found guilty to have committed or about which an investigation was in the process of being carried out at the time of the termination of the applicant’s employment with that employer.
By submitting the application, the job applicant confirms that s/he has no objection to CARE Ethiopia requesting the information specified above. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks.
Feb 3, 2023