Junior Health Advisor Full-time Job2023-02-06 18:40 Social science and community Addis Ababa 71 views
Junior Health Advisor
GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement ‘#011/2023’
GIZ-AU Office Strengthening Crisis and Pandemic Response in Africa
Strengthening the capacity of public health institutions to detect, prevent, control and respond quickly and effectively to disease threats is the central vision of the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC). In close collaboration with the Africa CDC, the German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) commissioned the German International Cooperation (GIZ) with the Technical Cooperation (TC) module on “Strengthening crisis and pandemic response in Africa”. It aims to enhance the organizational resilience of the Africa CDC to be able to deliver on its mandate. Particularly the programme seeks to strengthen organizational development, leadership and project management capacities; as well as partnership management in the Africa CDC and its five regional collaborating centres (RCCs).
The TC module is part of GIZ’s portfolio with the AU and is implemented from Addis Ababa.
Contract Duration: 30/11/2024
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the Head of the Project in the technical and organizational implementation of the project
- Provide backstopping support to the various components of the project through the development of strategies, concepts, methods, and instruments towards effective advisory services to the African Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) Secretariat and the Regional Collaborating Centres (RCCs)
- Support contract management including setting up and management of consultancies and financial agreements with implementation partners
- Support implementation of the communication and visibility measures for the project including con-tent development for various communications purposes as well as internal documentation needs of the project
- Support technical and logistical planning, coordinating and documenting events; meetings, workshops, seminars, and other project activities
- Support project monitoring and contributes to the fulfillment of all project reporting obligations
Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- University degree in Business Management, Project Management, Global Studies or any other related social sciences or humanities degree.
- Fluency in English language (orally and written) required, Knowledge of German or French is an asset.
- Demonstrable professional experience preferably in a development cooperation setting (less than 2 years experience).
- Knowledge of regional policy institutions or initiatives such as the Africa Union.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills as well as cultural sensitivity.
- Excellent knowledge of international multilateral collaboration, development cooperation, project management, and/or partnership coordination would be an added advantage
- Teamwork and communication skills, cultural sensitivity an added advantage
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Communications competences is an asset, e.g. media, social media management, public relations
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: email@example.com.
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘Junior Health Advisor #011/2023 in the subject line of your email application.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”
Feb 16, 2023