Junior Operation officer, Consultant (Local Recruitment) Full-time Job2023-02-01 19:56 consultancy Addis Ababa 59 views
Position Description :
The consultant will be part of the Response – Recovery – Resilience for Conflict Affected Communities in Ethiopia Project (3R4CACE), team working in the World Bank, Ethiopia Country Office, Addis Ababa. The consultant will provide technical operational support to the 3R4CACE project.
More specifically the consultant shall conduct the following tasks under the supervision of the World Bank Task Team Leader(s) (TTLs) and in coordination with task team will be expected to:
- Support the overall implementation of the project through assisting the Government of Ethiopia;
- Facilitate dialogue among the task team, consultants and firms hired by the Bank, government entities, donors and development partners, NGOs, etc. for the implementation of the project;
- Working closely with both MoF and MoWSA project implementation units in the implementation of project activities, as well as advising on development of relevant project documentation and relevant resources;
- Identifying critical capacity gaps and advising on interventions, trainings or capacity building initiatives that may be required to address those gaps;
- Participate in missions and facilitate discussions with the government;
- Regularly update the task team on potential risks/challenges happening on the ground, which may potentially affect project implementation;
- Complete any other activities relevant to ensure quality of project implementation on the ground, as instructed by the TTLs.
Location: World Bank Ethiopia Country Office, Addis Ababa
Contract duration: 50 days (March 1, 2023 – June 30, 2023) . Contract extension is subject to the business needs and performance of the consultant.
- The consultant shall have master’s degree in, urban and regional planning, public policy , development studies , political science, sociology ,social anthropology, or related discipline.
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience or equivalent combination of education and professional experience in project design and implementation is required.
- Sound knowledge and analytical skills on emergency activities.
- Strong and demonstrated skills and experience in working with government authorities and officials and large groups of experts on the topic.
- Relevant experience in organizing workshops, trainings, and other knowledge exchange activities on the topic. Strong communication, interpersonal, outreach, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to schedule, manage and deliver multiple tasks against strict deadlines.
- Good knowledge of the context of Ethiopia; and experience from project participating regions is desirable.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentational skills in English and Amharic will be required.
- knowledge of Oromo, Afar, Tigrinya, and other local languages, are considered a plus.
- Proven teamwork and successful experience working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness to travel extensively in Ethiopia, including to remote rural areas.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn about World Bank operations and procedures related to the tasks of the assignment.
- Female and conflict affected people are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please send you CV and cover letter (in English) to : email@example.com.
Feb 7, 2023