Junior Pharmacist Full-time Job2023-02-09 17:04 Medical & Healthcare Addis Ababa 83 views
Washington Medical Center (WMC) is a specialized secondary care health facility managed and staffed by Ethiopian, American and other visiting doctors who are committed to provide quality & affordable health care for residents of Addis Ababa including the international community.
The company is owned and managed by a group of physicians who have decades of experience in healthcare service and management with training and exposure to western standard healthcare and training.
The medical center is born as a result of the shareholders’ deep understanding of the demand for high quality healthcare service in Ethiopia and their deep commitment to contribute what they can towards meeting that. It opened its doors for service in January 2015. It has since become one of the best and the biggest medical centers operating in Addis Ababa serving more than 120,000 patients in just five years.
Currently, the center is primarily an internal medicine specialty center which provides a 24hours service using US and Ethiopian trained doctors. Sub-specialty services of internal medicine such as cardiology, neurology, nephrology, hematology, oncology, endocrinology, infectious diseases and travel medicine are among other disciplines for which the consultant physicians are available. The center will continue to mobilize competent doctors from Ethiopia and abroad to join hands to expand its service even further. The medical center would also be a multi-specialty service center before being upgraded to a full blown tertiary care hospital and medical school.
Required No: Two (2)
Location: Addis Ababa
Duration: Full Time
Starting Date: Immediately after contract agreement concluded
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor physicians' orders / prescriptions / drug policies to ensure dispensing of pharmaceuticals, identification and correction of potential allergic reactions and drug interactions / incompatibilities.
- Prepare, check and dispenses:
1.Unit dose and traditionally dispensed medications.
2.Outpatient prescriptions and patient discharged medication.
- Checks expiry dates, short-dated and overstocked pharmaceuticals and reports them to his / her direct to pharmacy supervisor.
- Participates in the inventory of pharmacy stocks.
- Participates in the pharmacy continuing education program.
- Operates computer for all data entry.
- Insures the pharmacy and other pre-designated areas of drug storage are stocked, equipped and maintained in accordance with appropriate regulations..
- Provides medication information to medical personnel.
- Actively participates in patient and family education.
- Assumes designated area of responsibilities in the absence of the pharmacy in-charge and / or supervisor.
- Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Participates and attends quality activities, and hospital continuing education program.
- Implements and adheres to applicable laws and regulations like administrative and departmental policies and procedures.
- Report any occurrence not consistent with the operation of the hospital or standard of service for patients, employees or visitors.
- Adheres to proper safety precautions and infection prevention and control.
- Actively participates in the promotion and implementation of patient and family rights.
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacist
- One to two years of experience
- Excellent clinical competency
- Strong desire to provide exceptional pharmaceutical care
- Passion to help people
- Able to work pressure
Thorough understanding of dosage administration and measurement, chemical compounds, medical brands etc.
- Strong communication skill
- Good customer handling skill
How to ApplyQualified and interested applicants can apply can apply through the link: https://ethiotalent.com/job-detail/19
Feb 14, 2023