Livelihood & Job Creation Coordinator Full-time Job2023-02-09 14:22 MAnagement Jijiga 89 views
Background of the Organization
The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international Catholic Church-based non-governmental organization with a mission to accompany, serve and protect refugees and internally displaced persons–regardless of faith, race, ethnicity, or nationality. The main areas of work are in the field of education, emergency assistance, livelihood and social services. JRS is a non-profit venture of the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) that was established in 1980. JRS works in more than 56 countries worldwide. It has committed itself in Ethiopia for almost four decades helping refugees from many places. JRS is now recruiting a dynamic individual to fill a role of Livelihood & Job Creation Coordinator for its Dollo Ado project office.
Summary description of the position’s role
The Job holder will have full responsibilities of lead, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of livelihoods, vocational trainings and job creation interventions of JRS Dollo Ado Project Office in Bokolomayo and Dollo Ado Woredas in Somali region of Ethiopia. He/she is also responsible for leading team, networking and partnership with different stakeholders and collaborators and documentation and reporting of project activities.
The following are the expectation and responsibilities for this position:
Technical Coordination (30%):
- Lead, oversee and coordinate all JRS Dollo Ado project office’s vocational training, livelihoods and job creation interventions;
- Coordinate job creation and IGA activities on tailored livelihood intervention;
- Provide entrepreneurship, basic business skills development trainings, conflict management & resolutions, leadership and management training and other life skill trainings to graduates of vocational trainings;
- Facilitate refugees and host community members’ access to financial services;
- Lead the design specific monitoring tools in consultation with the program quality & M&E officer;
- Proper accomplishment of outcome-based objective and the impact of the project strictly made;
- Lead the development or contextualize of short term training materials (like entrepreneurship, financial literacy, small business development etc)
- Follow-up and submit curriculum to government for initial approval and any needed renewals of accreditation;
- Lead, manage and coordinate day-to-day planning , implementation and management of project activities as per the project document;
- Undertake performance development reviews of the project staff under his/her supervision;
- Prepare detail work plan of GSF funded consortium project and other vocational and livelihood interventions and ensure proper implementation of planned activities;
- Lead selection of refugees for vocational trainings; involve in concept note and proposal on vocational training and livelihoods projects;
Monitoring and Evaluation (10%):
- Monitor the context and carry out adjustments to project plans and management on an on-going basis in light of changing context, resources and opportunities
- Ensure monitoring system and tools developed are used by project staff to track project progress and capture learning;
Team Coordination and Leading (25%):
- In collaboration with JRS country office program team and Dollo Ado project director facilitate various assessments and tracer studies;
- Manage and supervise the work of staff project field officers;
- Prepare or revise work plan in consultation with implementing partners, Project Director and Project team members;
- Ensure team and individual work plans are prepared & followed;
- Develop and implement project plans with project staff and stakeholders to ensure effective project implementation.
Networking and Partnership (20%):
- Create a network of partners or collaborators in the area of intervention;
- Follow-up on proper written (electronic & printed) communication platform are/is strictly followed;
- Pursue other possibilities to enhance up the involvement of other networks relevant for job creation (Self-employment & wage employment);
- Represent JRS Dollo Ado Project Office and participate in different meetings, forums and networks; establish partnership with private actors, employers, non-gov’t and Woreda and regional government agencies;
- Develop, revise or contextualize MoU for partnership with other stakeholders;
Reporting & Documentation (15%):
- Provide regular reporting to the donor as per guideline including preparation and consolidation of project monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Prepare periodical reports of JRS, UNHCR, RRS and other donors; supervises employees working in the project ;
- Ensure that lessons learned within the programs are properly learned within the program are properly recorded and shared with other partners
- Ensure that project adopts best practice accordingly
- Document best practices for learning and future programming;
Job Level: VII
Duty Station: JRS Dollo Ado Project intervention area (Bokolomayo and Dollo Ado Woredas in Somali region of Ethiopia)
Reports to: Project Director
Term of Employment: 12 months, possibility of extension based on performance and availability of fund.
Qualification and Minimum Requirements
- BA/BSc or MA/MSc degree in economics, rural development, management, agricultural economics, sociology, development studies, environment and development studies and other relevant fields
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience for MA/MSc applicants or 8 years of experience for BA/BSc applicants.
- Proven experiences in coordinating livelihoods, vocational trainings, financial inclusion and job creation interventions for refugees and host communities.
- Proficiency in speaking English and speaking Afan Somali is an asset.
- Good understating of project management and leading project team
- Proven skills of delivering trainings and prepare training materials.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can submit only their CV (Excluding their scanned Copies of Educational, training and Experience Letters and application letter (the application letter should state current and expected salary); Submit to JRS-Ethiopia Country Human Resource Officer within 5 days (Including Saturday and Sunday ) of this announcement through the following email address: Eth01.firstname.lastname@example.org and fill the form via the following link
**Only those who fill up the form (through the indicated link) will be considered in the recruitment Process and be shortlisted
Women applicants are highly encouraged.
Feb 12, 2023