Logistics Coordinator Full-time Job2023-02-09 16:32 Transportation & Logistics Mek'ele 78 views
Role and Responsibilities
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and delivery of an efficient and effective logistics service in Shire operation area. The following is a brief description of the role.
- Ensure adherence to Logistics Handbook, other NRC policies and donor requirements
- Maintain a high quality procurement system, which is accountable, transparent and compliant with NRC Procurement Policy and donor requirements
- Coordinate the timely preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects, establishing deadlines and monitoring implementation
- Coordinate the proper monitoring system and control of procurement processes including organization of Request for Quotation, Invitation to Bid, receipt and evaluation of quotations/bids, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with policies and procedures
- Undertake supply and service provider pre-qualification, conduct market research, identify and recommend legitimate local suppliers or contractors through systematic evaluation and maintaining a database of potential and active suppliers/contractors.
- Ensure safe and efficient transport of staff and materials/goods
- Coordinate the overall management of the area transport fleet and ensure response to programme needs are in line with NRC policies and procedures
- Ensure that the procedure for completing travel plans are in place and maintained on a weekly basis, coordinating and communicating the same in a timely fashion.
- Ensure safe operation of the fleet through driver selection and training, quality maintenance to include preventive routine checks and regular service and establishing/enforcing fleet operating procedures.
- Monitor and ensure daily checks/preventive maintenance checks and log books are carried out and ensure that drivers follow the system consistently
- Ensure vehicle service schedules are respected and proper, timely and high quality maintenance is done by service providing garage
- Manage fuelling of fleet and fuel contracts ensuring regular fuel consumption test is carried out
Warehouses and Stock Management practices
- Implement and ensure full compliance with the NRC warehouse policies and procedures ensuring appropriate systems for the receipt and dispatch of all supplies.
- Guide the logistics officers and store keepers in effective stores and stock management principles ensuring right records are in place
- Carry out monthly physical stock counts and reconciliation including recommendations for management decisions. Support regular auditing of all inventory and inventory related documentation.
- Build the capacity of store keepers in effective store management
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly Stock Reconciliation Reports and disseminate relevant information to Programme managers and users.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organization to deliver desired results.
Value driven competencies
Values are aspirational attitudes and beliefs that influence the way people conduct themselves. NRC’s values are: Dedicated, Innovated, Inclusive and Accountable.
These skills, knowledge and experience are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- BA/MA degree in Logistics and supply chain, Business and Administration and other related fields
- Minimum of Five years’ professional experience preferably in International NGOs
- Experience from working as a Logistics Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context related skills, knowledge and experience (shall be adapted to the specific position):
- Computer skills (Common Microsoft Windows and Office applications);
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to organize and prioritize work;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile;
- Fluency in both spoken and written English and Tigrigna too advantage.
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job.
- Handling insecure environment;
- Planning and delivering results;
- Empowering and building trust;
- Communicating with impact and respect;
- Working with people;
- Coping with change.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees only throughhttps://www.nrc.no/carreier (If it is possible, attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach NRC latest by 21 February 2023 at 5:00 pm.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and on-the-job training will be provided!”
Feb 21, 2023