Medical Devices Management Junior Expert Full-time Job2023-02-03 23:37 Medical & Healthcare Addis Ababa 65 views
The Federal Ministry of Health of Ethiopia has been receiving Global Fund Grant to build, and beyond services for a resilient and sustainable system for health. Accordingly, Ministry wants to recruit an officer for a medical device management position. In its nature medical device management requires broad knowledge and skill to strengthen all components of the medical devices management cycle including selection, specification preparation, procurement, inventory management, installation, maintenance, and provide training for biomedical engineers/technicians and end users. The role will require significant process development, implementation, and execution across all components to maximize value for money. It provides oversight and monitoring for the supply chain of medical devices and their management including critical ICU, oxygen devices, lab machines, and biomedical equipment.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Pharmaceutical and medical devices LEO, the officer will closely work with, agencies, regional health bureaus, and the health facilities team to improve and sustain the medical devices management.
- Coordinate and supervise medical equipment procurement project in collaboration with other implementing partners.
- Responsible for medical devices procurement through providing need assessment, product selection specification, installation, Maintenance and users level training for healthcare providers to enhance service delivery and development outcomes with integrity.
- In close cooperation with the supervisor, medical device management team and other relevant team, participate and contribute in planning, monitoring and evaluation of GF programme
- Support EPSS and other agencies for the procurement and distribution of medical devices
- Coordinate and support supervision to the regional health bureaus, agencies and health facilities and monitor the viabilities of medical devices
- Prepare reports and timely summit to the relevant bodies
- Support the procurement, clearance processes, installation and operationalization of medical equipment
- Follow contract management and it`s implementation of medical devices
- Follow delivery of medical devices to intended health facilities are as per distribution plan;
- Develops and executes training modules on medical devices capacity building.
- Support capacity building and system strengthening efforts of MOH/ Pharmaceutical and medical devices section and health facilities staff on medical devices maintenance and management capacities at RHBs & lower levels, etc.
- Building capacity among the medical devices management team through on the job training and organized learning
- Coordinate and participate in regular Global Fund Country team visits and address/coordinate the response for different additional requests coming from Global Fund Country Team or the Local Funding Agent (LFA).
- Participate in different technical working groups and other assignments related to medical devices management.
Requirements: Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Ability to demonstrate in depth understanding and analytical capacity across issues related to grant management
- BSc degree in Biomedical Engineering
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in medical devices management
- Experience working with the Ministry of Health, RHB, or Ethiopian pharmaceutical supply service is mandatory.
- Experience working with Ethiopian health system
- Demonstrated ability to manage and empower a diverse team focused on many priorities.
- Strong quantitative skills with expertise in Excel
- Ability to initiate, plan, organize, and lead projects.
- Strong operational skills and analytics thinking.
- Fluency in English, good communication and negotiation skills
- As new priorities arise, MoH may periodically revise the TOR for this position.
How to Apply
Interested and qualifying applicants are invited to submit their application indicating the Title of the Position, non-returnable CVs and copies of their educational and work experience credentials together with original documents to Human Resources Administration Directorate, within 7 working days from the first date of announcement. Qualifying women are encouraged to apply. If you fail to follow the instructions, you will be disqualified from the competition!
COMPETENCY AND HUMAN RESOURCE ADMINISTRATION
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
Feb 9, 2023