Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator Full-time Job2023-02-09 15:29 Research and development Mek'ele 82 views
Role and Responsibilities
Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator is responsible to oversee the operationalization of CFRM within NRC Ethiopia and building on it to create a culture of accountability for the affected population. He/she will act as a focal point for all CFRM related issues within the office and coordinate with programs, and support functions. The following is a brief description of the role.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E SOPs, guidance and tools.
- Participate in programme design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development, log frame design and budgeting for M&E.
- Support programme staff in planning for and executing M&E, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use.
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in programme development, adjustment or review.
- Contribute to organisational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports.
- Capacity building and training of programme staff on M&E technical and conceptual areas.
- Design and support dissemination of relevant information to beneficiaries, host communities, and relevant partners
- Supervise and mentor M&E support staff in executing M&E plans.
- Implement and contextualize NRC East Africa and Yemen M&E framework and SOPs.
- Ensure consistency of approach at all levels in the M&E in collaboration with program staff using M&E tools developed
- Oversee and take lead the systematic and continuous data collection and analysis on the progress of activities over time and monitor results in terms of timeliness, quality and accuracy in line with the logical framework approaches(LFAs), best practice and project management
- Involve in project development and ensure a very good proposal is designed
- Support partners and/or consultants in conducting baseline surveys, mid-term review and final evaluation.
- Designing tools, checklists and schedules for collecting data at the input, output and outcome levels in association with the relevant programme staff and based on the changing needs and requirements of NRC Ethiopia
- Undertaking data collection directly or in conjunction with programme staff as required
- Provide capacity building training on Project Cycle Management, data collection and analysis
- Share learning from M&E process and document case/success stories overall programing share with the wider team
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organization to deliver desired results.
Generic professional competencies:
- Have profound skill on Analytical and research.
- Experience in handling sensitive feedback
- Excellent computer knowledge with command on MS Excel among other packages of MS Office.
- Experience on working with Data analysis software/programs
- Ability to present data and convey information clearly and concisely and identify trends
- Experience in facilitating the capacity-building efforts of diverse colleagues, including local partner agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and non-formal methods.
- Fluency in English (speaking, reading, writing), other languages is an asset
- Computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- BA/MA/MSc in Economics, Statistics, Business administration, and other related fields
- At least 4 years of experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting, beneficiary reception and/or counselling, CFM, or related field.
- Goal-orientated with the ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Ability to receive and handle confidential and sensitive information (highly approachable, trustworthy, and confidential)
- Strong management skills (ability to demand results and be empathetic, non-defensive but decisive, firm, and resilient)
- Experience and ability to train others and transfer knowledge
- Working with people
- Communicate with impact and respect
- Planning and delivering results
- Ability to work under pressure, independently, and with limited supervision
- Patient, flexible and creative
- Initiating action and change
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees only throughhttps://www.nrc.no/carreier (If it is possible, attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach NRC latest by 21 February 2023 at 5:00 pm.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and on-the-job training will be provided!”
Feb 21, 2023