Program Associate Full-time Job2023-01-27 22:46 agriculture Addis Ababa 110 views
Introduction of the organization and position
Bread for the World (BftW) is an international development agency headquartered in Germany. It was founded in 1959 and worked with over 80 partners supporting 1800 projects worldwide. The Horn of Africa Regional Office works with 40 partners and 80 projects in Ethiopia, Eritrea, Somalia, South Sudan, and Sudan. Our mission is to eradicate hunger and poverty and support local communities to ensure a dignified life with justice. Our core values include accountability, being a learning organization, environmental protection, honesty, integrity, teamwork, and transparency. BftW's thematic areas are (1) eradicating hunger and poverty, (2) fighting climate change, (3) peacebuilding and conflict resolution, (4) women's rights and empowerment, and (5) support of digitalization.
Bread for the World now invites qualified applicants to apply for the Program Associate position. This entry-level position aims at career starters who want to pursue a career in international development work. The job requires candidates to interact with diverse partners in the Horn of Africa, including traveling. We look for candidates with a minimum of 2 years of internship to a maximum of 3 years of work experience, preferably in international NGOs.
Project Management Assistance
The Program Associate is an integral part of the program team and assists the program officer in maintaining the relationships with partners. The Program Associate maintains a portfolio of partners' projects in 5 countries. Main tasks include:
- Prepares various agendas for team meetings, partner dialogues, roundtables, travel schedules, etc.,
- Contributes to writing project applications and proposals from partners,
- Assists in the appraisal of partner's project narrative and audit report regularly,
- Helps in maintaining cash flow planning of projects,
- Assists in the project closure process,
- Reviews and processes fund requests in collaboration with the finance team.
Program Data Management
- The Program Associate is responsible for maintaining all programmatic, financial, and partner-related data and keeping them up to date in various electronic filing systems and hard copies. Having accurate data is essential for the workflow of the program and finance teams. This task is one of the core responsibilities of the Program Associate.
- Communication and teamwork are essential competencies for the position. The successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills. Excellent verbal and written English skills are a must; other local and regional languages are a plus.
- The Program Associate must enjoy working in teams with international colleagues of diverse backgrounds and values teamwork by prioritizing the team's success over personal achievement.
- Other competencies are attention to detail, diligence, the ability to analyze problems with a solution-oriented resolve, and intellectual curiosity.
- The Program Associate is expected to regularly update themselves on job-related issues through literature review, contact with social and professional communities, and participating in relevant conferences and networks.
Remuneration and Benefits
- Starting monthly salary: €778, paid in local currency
- Medical/dental/vision/delivery insurance, group term life insurance, travel insurance
- 6 months maternity and 1-month paternity leave
- Pension fund (11%) and Provident fund (4%)
- 13th-month salary
- Flexible work schedule with prior approval
- Airtime and Internet plan, including sim cards
- Bachelor's degree in agriculture, social science, humanities, political science, development and environmental studies, project management, gender studies, or other relevant degrees
- MUST HAVE: Minimum of two years of internship/work experience or a maximum of three years of work experience, preferably in INGOs or a combination of both.
- NICE TO HAVE: Experience with advocacy, population growth, safety, religious studies, developmental studies, and disability/differently-abled persons is an additional asset.
How to Apply
Only qualified applicants are invited to:
Submit their CVs,
A motivation letter, and
Contact information of three professional references to Ms. Zinaye Alemu at: email@example.com
Take note of the instructions for the application
The motivation letter should be exactly 2 pages and structured along the following guiding questions:
Professional letterhead with a personal introduction
Personal motivation for studying and working in the development field and applying for this job?
Which unique competencies and motivation do you bring to this position?
Earliest date of availability to start
Only complete applications will be considered
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Feb 6, 2023