Program Manager Full-time Job2023-02-02 22:41 MAnagement Addis Ababa 63 views
Welthungerhilfe/German Agro Action is an international NGO with Head-Quarter in Bonn and working in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe/GAA is fighting to help free the world of hunger and poverty. This vision is the basis of our organization’s character and activities. Welthungerhilfe/GAA secures funds from private donations and international funding organizations, for example, EC, USAID, UN-OCHA, ECHO and German Government. We work in the sectors of Agriculture, WASH, Natural Resource Management, Nutrition and Social & Economic Development as well as Civil Society Strengthening. Welthungerhilfe/GAA Ethiopia follows a partnership approach for project planning, implementation, and administration with Ethiopia Partner-NGOs and in exceptional cases WHH/GAA implements projects by itself.
What We Offer
· A multicultural work environment where differences are accommodated
· A continuous learning cultures
· Innovative and creative work practices
· A highly committed team
· Attractive pay and benefit packages (life and medical insurance, Provident fund & Pension)
· Working with an organizational philosophy: “help the poor to help themselves”
The overall objective of the program is to contribute to the strengthening of local civil society organisations (CSOs) in Ethiopia and thus contributing to them becoming active actors of governance and development. This action is designed to strengthen Ethiopia’s civil society through i) capacity-building and ii) improving of the enabling environment for civil society. In doing so the project will take advantage of the current momentum of the political and legislative reform building on the progress of the EU Civil Society Fund (CSF). The program will be implemented in four adminitsative regions (Afar, Benishangul-Gumuz, Oromia and Amhara) as well as in Addis Ababa.
I. General Information
· Duty station: Addis Ababa, with frequent travel to the project target regions
· Job Title: Program manager
· Reports to: Donor relation and Program Quality Manager
· Contract Period: till 31.01.2028
1. Objectives of the position
The purpose of this position is to ensure the overall success of this program by managing the program effectively and efficiently in terms of results, schedule and budget while making sure participation, accountability and sustainability are ensured. He/ she is responsible for coordinating all partners and ensuring good communication and collaboration within and with other stakeholders. He/she ensures that the project is carried out in accordance with standards of Welthungerhilfe and the Donor (EU) as well as the government requirements. The Project Coordinator is responsible for the operative implementation of the project and the appropriate use of funds. He/she is responsible for coordination, planning and implementation, correctly and duly reporting to Welthungerhilfe's office.
2. Duties and areas of responsibility
Key Responsibilities: Program Management
· Takes on the overall responsibility of the program management - Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and controls program activities by the consortium
· Carries out the program implementation according to the rules and standards of the donors and Welthungerhilfe standards for the implementation of programs.
· Leads on joint planning and monitoring regarding the implementation of activities and budget
· Is responsible for modifying project planning and the project budget if needed and in consultation with the supervisor in the Country Office and upon approval of the donor.
· Ensures risks are monitored and mitigation plans implemented timely
· Establishes good working relationships with donors and other stakeholders in the project area and coordination and synergies with other initiatives (from WHH, other NGOs, government)
· Reports to the CO on the progress of the project and all risks associated with the project work
· Finalizes reports to the donor according to the donor rules and regulations
· Ensures continuous learning and improvement in the program implementation
· Ensures that all program relevant support is in place (monitoring, logistics, finance administration, etc.)
· Enables a good team spirit and ensures strong collaboration and coordination between all partners
· Manages staff according to WHH leadership principles, staff policies and WHH strategy
· Leads & attends regular coordination meetings with project staff
· In case of turn-over, manages timely replacement of new staff
· Ensures implementation of WHH HR policies
· Is responsible for the establishment and adherence to the projects’ security management system in accordance to the global security policy / guidelines of Welthungerhilfe Representation, Collaboration and Networking
· Represents WHH in the area vis-à-vis selected relevant local, national and international stakeholders and partners in coordination with country office
· Expands WHH network with relevant stakeholders from civil society, government and academia within the context of projects in responsibility
· Marketing, public relations and local image management
· Accompanies visiting donors and WHH Head Office staff or journalists/or appoints adequate representation in consultation with the CO
Engagement in the work of the CO
· Contributes to the country office development and strategies, actively participates in strategic discussions and keeps herself/ himself informed of the overall organizational topics
· Bring in learnings and context specific knowledge to the team discussion and development of new tools, processes, proposals or strategies
· Fulfillment of any other tasks which are assigned by the management and correspond in general with the character of this position
· At least 8 years of total experience in development sector; and at least 5 years in project/ program management in the INGO setting
· Language proficiency in English
· Coordination and organization skill
· Exceptional analytical and writing skills
· Demonstrated experience to lead donors funded complex, multi-partner and large project budgets (> €3mil) particularly EU
· Experience in budget monitoring and management
· Experience managing a large team
· Experience working with the government
· Experience in facilitating interactive workshops and trainings
· Experience in mentoring and coaching local partners while working on eye-level
· Specific experience of managing subgrants in a civil society support projects is an advantage
· Experience working in EU funded big projects is an advantage
· Integrity and trustfulness
· Creative, flexible, and proactive
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
· Ability to manage stressful situations and work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Willingness to travel to remote and rural areas
The position holder should work in a team-oriented manner and adhere to standards and principles as described in the “Welthungerhilfe Code of Conduct”, Child Protection Policy; the Core Humanitarian Standard and Do No Harm.
How to ApplyInterested candidates who meet the required qualifications are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter with three reference to WHH Ethiopia through www.ethiojobs.net no later than Feb 8, 2023.
Note: Applicants are required to organize their documents (application letter, CV and other document/ credentials ) as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV and other credentials starting on the second page. They should also clearly indicate name of position name at the subject line of their application letter, applicant who doesn't follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Feb 8, 2023