ChildFund International has been working with vulnerable communities and groups of people including children, parents/caregivers, local partners and government agencies in Africa, Asia, Americas, and Eastern Europe, operating in 24 countries and as part of a global partnership since 1938. ChildFund strives to make a difference in many lives. We are a child focused and community centered organization, that welcomes children and supporters of all nationalities and faiths to change the world through our programs. ChildFund is currently seeking the service of a video production firm to develop two short documentaries on a recently completed and another ongoing projects.
ChildFund Ethiopia has been implementing a 2-years project entitled “Community Integrated Response to Child Labor in Ethiopia” project in Dugda Woreda, Eastern Zone of Oromia Region. The project has been implemented in partnership with Dugda Child and Family Charitable Organization in seven Kebele Administrations (namely: Bole, Oda, Melka Dubisa, Oda Boqota, Giraba Qorke Adi, Hate Laman and Tepho Chorokie) of Dugda Woreda from fiscal year 2021-2023. The project beneficiaries were about 30,000 people. These include 4,500 children (50% female), 4,300 parents, teachers, and authorities (60% female), 12,000 adults (60% female) and 7,500 children (50% female). Its program is holistic and participatory for local ownership and long-term sustainable development. The program is Right based components for rights holders to claim their rights and duty bearers to provide services. Thus, the community engages in poverty reduction, food security, environmental rehabilitation and development, health and nutrition, education, income generation and emergency response.
Purpose and Scope of the Assignment
ChildFund Ethiopia is seeking the service of a qualified service provider/firm to compile project best practice in a booklet and produce short video on the outcome of the project. The purpose of the assignment is to document the implementation process, lessons learnt, best practices and case stories through video and booklet from the CIRCLE project in Dugeda Woreda, East Showa Zone of Oromia region in the selected operational kebeles. Specifically, the objective of the assignment is to
- To develop case stories on key achievements of CIRCLE project involving its beneficiaries,
- To produce video documentation on the project best practices and lesson leant,
- To conduct consultations on the project achievements with and gathering information from partners, government stakeholders and other CSOs that have presence in the operational area,
- To show how the CIRCLE project intervention contributed to the child protection concerns, child labor and climate change issues.
ChildFund is looking for an experienced consultants with the following qualifications:
- At least five years’ experience in video production and project best practice documentation on social issues.
- Must have proven track record in all required areas of written media and video production (including script writing, planning, cinematography, editing and mixing)
- Extensive experience in storytelling and producing documentaries for CSOs and international development organizations.
- Well-equipped with updated software and hardware to ensure smooth and high-quality production.
- Able to submit at least three samples of previous productions in line with the technical and creative requirements of the project.
- Additional experience in development communication will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Competent and interested service providers are requested to submit their proposal which include the following to ChildFund Ethiopia office address stated below.
- A technical proposal which includes a capability statement detailing suitability for the assignment, similar assignments undertaken, references for the same, professional profiles of the team who will involve in the assignment. The proposal should also include proposed work plan and timeline for the activities. Copies of legal documents including renewed license, TIN and VAT certificates need to be enclosed in the technical proposal
- A separately sealed financial proposal for the video production which should be inclusive of all associated costs for the assignment.
Interested service providers may collect the detailed ToR of the assignment from ChildFund Ethiopia office at the address stated below or alternatively send request for the ToR at email address firstname.lastname@example.org The closing date for submission of proposal is 2pm January 24, 2023
Bole Sub city - KebIe 03 H. No 2310
P. O. Box 5545- Tel: 011 661 29 28
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Jan 27, 2023