Secretary/Admin Assistant Full-time Job2023-01-18 23:13 Administration Addis Ababa 71 views
Sher Ethiopia PLC operates the largest rose farm in the world in Ziway, in the vicinity of Lake Ziway. Besides this rose farm which is located 160 kilometres south of Addis Ababa, Sher Ethiopia also operates two other rose production farms: one in Adami Tulu and one in Koka. The combined greenhouse capacity of Sher Ethiopia amounts to 500 hectares, where more than 1.1 billion roses are produced and exported each year in many varieties and colours. All activities are performed by local employees (currently around 12.000 FTE). Besides its farm activities, Sher provides education to over 6,800 children at three locations and offers medical services via their own Hospital, located in Ziway.
Our office in Addis Ababa handles all import and export related files and the financial corporate services for all the activities of Sher in Ethiopia. The office is located close to the airport and has around 20 colleagues working at this office. The office in Addis works closely together with the headquarters in the Netherlands where export, procurement, sales and logistics are handled.
Sher Ethiopia is looking for a young and energetic, fluently English speaking Secretary/Admin Assistant to support the import processes and to manage the daily secretarial duties at the office.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Administrative support to the import processes, using dedicated (governmental) software system and preparing letters, forms and other needed documentation to run the import process as efficient as possible
- Daily communications with different stakeholders both internally and externally as well as with the headquarters in the Netherlands
- Managing proper archiving, documentation, forms and paperwork
- Handling telephone calls, receiving guests and provide (administrative) support to the management of the office
Skills set of the candidate
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced MS office user (Word, Excel)
- Full experienced in writing and speaking the English language
- Willing to learn and flexible attitude
- Knowledge of ESW is an advantage
Required qualification and experiences
- Secretarial education ( BA degree) or proven track record of relevant work experience
- 1 -3 years of professional working experience preferably in a commercial environment
- If you are a fresh graduate who is willing to learn and who has a pro-active and energetic personality, we also will consider your application
How to Apply
Qualified applicants who fulfill above mentioned requirements can apply in sending their application letter and CV in English to email@example.com with subject line ‘Secretary/Admin Assistant’
Feb 1, 2023