Senior Executive Assistant Full-time Job2023-01-17 13:24 Administration Addis Ababa 98 views
The purpose of this job is to assist the Executive Director in the overall activities of the office management and coordination; deal with external customers of the Office in professional manner; maintain an effective and efficient relationship within and outside the Association and to facilitate administrative support; manage and administer the Executive Director office; administer calendars and manage appointments and meetings the Executive Director and remind and produce activity report of the office.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Executive Assistant shall support the ED office on administrative issues and ensure that the ED office is run in an efficient and professional manner and to the highest standards.
- Updates Executive Director on status of issues before scheduled meetings.
- Prepares agenda and collects materials for meetings, speeches, and conferences; takes minutes, maintain confidentiality, keeps records of proceedings as required and track authorizations and correspondences.
- Organize and book venues for various meetings chaired by the Executive Director and the Executive Board
- Facilitates and manages periodic Executive Director meetings, manage minutes
- Makes Executive Director domestic and foreign travel arrangements, prepares itineraries, prepares and compiles travel vouchers, and maintains all travel records.
- Provide administrative support to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of support services through improved communication and relation to each function as well as coordination and communication between functions and Executive Director Office.
- Provide all general and specific administrative supports to specific projects directly accountable to the ED
Record keeping and file management
- Maintain detailed and organized files, compiles and maintains records, statistical information, and reports.
- Assists in identifying, maintaining and arranging the general and program for risk management and legal purposes in a way that need to be stored and easily retrieved.
- Participates in and may coordinate committees or task forces, as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains various filing and records management systems for ED office.
- Ensure quarter reports from all Directors are timely prepared and submitted to the Executive Director office and M&E unit.
- Produce periodic activity reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor
- Directorate/Office Executive Director’s Office
Reports To: Executive Director
Location/Placement: Addis Ababa
Job Grade: 8
Job Category: Professional
Job Specification (Qualifications and Competencies).
- MA/BA in Management/ Business Management/ Office Service Management/ Secretarial Science and Office Management/ BIS/MIS and related with 4/6 years relevant experience
- At least 4 years’ experience in general administration, management, preferably with civic societies and sister Associations in a similar capacity
- Excellent oral, written and computer communication skills
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and administrative/operations and customer management
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Excellent people relations, interpersonal relationship, open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Enthusiastic, flexible and ability to meet tight deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested applicants shall submit their applications at HR and Administration’s Office in person at Reception Office.
Address: Ethiopian Public Health Association (EPHA)
The office: Gray G+4 Building located on the way to “Meskel Flower” by the Dreamliner Hotel
Tel: +251-114-166083/+25211-4166041, P. o .Box 7117, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Jan 31, 2023