Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) Officer Full-time Job2023-02-10 14:33 Medical & Healthcare Semera 79 views
To ensure quality health care services for vulnerable refugee, internally displaced and host populations in Afar, Ethiopia. This position will be responsible for ensuring quality implementation and daily operations of the Sexual and Reproductive Health programming, including Maternity Waiting Home and facility-based midwifery and psychosocial support for SGBV and SRH.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the project activities in the implementation woreda is implemented according to the approved donor and government agreements, as well as MTI’s standards.
- In consultation with the MHNT leader, develop and regularly update a detailed work plan guiding the project implementation at woreda level.
- Ensure that project activities are linked and integrated with government sector development programs at woreda level.
- Facilitate Awareness creation session in consultation with Government offices, CSOs on how to prevent recognize and respond to PSEA.
- Establish referral linkage from community to health facility ,any
- Prepare activity reports timely and ensuring these are of high quality. This will involve compilation of information from project intervention site.
- Through day-to-day work relationship, provide technical advice and support to stakeholders, partners and volunteers at woreda level.
- Work with the H&N manager, MHNT team leader and other project staffs to identify the technical support needs of the project and ensure this support is provided
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all MTI resources
- Participates in the planning, implementation and supervision of the SRH program, which includes antenatal care, postnatal care, safe deliveries, treatment for STIs, SGBV services including clinical management of rape, and family planning
- Assists in the compliance with government health reporting mechanisms; both in terms of reporting to WHO, RHB, UNFPA and internal reporting
- Assess and implement appropriate training in coordination with the H&N manger and MHNT team leader to equip and strengthen knowledge and skills of government health staffs.
- Build effective partnership relationships with stakeholders including community leaders, health facility staff and beneficiaries, including actively seeking feedback
- Participates in local coordination mechanisms including SRH/SGBV working groups as appropriate
- Work with Medical Inventory Officer and MHNT team leader to ensure timely ordering of any necessary supplies, pharmaceuticals, and equipment
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Ensures quality control at all levels of service provision (Maternity Waiting Home, primary care facility based SRH, support for referral hospital OB/GYN services)
- Ensures compliance to program standards at all levels and reports any issues of concern to the MHNT leader in a timely manner.
- Ensures monitoring and accountability of beneficiary registrars
- Ensures data collection meets program requirements, and that all activities are suitably documented
- Undertake other activities assigned by the line manger
Location(s): Afar, Zone 2 and 4
Travel: Regular travel to Health Facilities
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTFICATION
- BSC Nurse, BSC Midwife or Health Officer or other health related fields.
- At least three years’ experience working in direct health service delivery with at least one year working in an NGO environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Fluent spoken and written Amharic and English, Afaric language is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Negotiation and representation skills
- Computer literate, able to work efficiently in Microsoft office on standard or mobile platforms
- Team player – practical, desire to support the field teams.
- Willingness to pitch in and get the job done
- Understanding and sensitivity to cross cultural issues
- Flexible and adaptable to ever changing environments
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Able to build new relationships and gain people’s trust quickly
- Integrity in representing Medical Teams Willing to travel to insecure environments
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to embrace and promote MTI’s mission and vision
- Ability to uphold and exemplify the organization’s core values
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner to donors, volunteers, and the public
This position requires frequent travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
How to Apply
Feb 14, 2023