Social Worker - T4ALL Project: Full-time Job2023-02-08 23:57 Social science and community Dire Dawa 126 views
- Child Safeguarding:
Level 3: The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
The position holder is responsible for the protection and access to services for vulnerable children and ensures quality and effective implementation of the project activities & Creates awareness and facilitates that communities participate fully from problem identifying stages through implementation and management stage as well Work with community leaders, elders and government staff and acts as a catalyst in initiating action and generating enthusiasm for change in communities by performing demonstrations and organizing and leading training sessions.
Overview of the project
Within the framework of the project “Ten4All (T4A): Moving toward the achievement of OSS 10 through enhanced protection, education and socio-economic integration of young migrants, returnees and people at risk of unsafe migration in East Haraghe and Dire Dawa zones, Ethiopia, Ethiopia. Save the Children proposes a comprehensive intervention including community mobilization, direct service provision, capacity building and multi-sectoral approach to ensure the protection and sustainable reintegration of unaccompanied returnee children and youth in five Woredas of East Hararghe and Dire Dawa City Administration.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Child Protection Officer.
Location: Deder, gorogutu, Bedeno, Girawa, Gole Oda & Dire Dawa Eastern Hararge Woredas & Dire Dawa City Administration respectively
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Community Empowerment and Training
- Mobilize community in implementation of the project activities.
- Facilitates volunteer and target groups selection and targeting along with government front line staff and responsible body from Woreda and Kebele.
- Creates awareness and facilitates that communities participate fully from problem identifying stages through implementation and management stage;
- Facilitates in the identification and prioritization of activities.
- Makes sure participants of the project intervention package are identified and selected in a participatory manner and full acknowledgement of the whole community;
- Ensures that the plan at kebele level is prepared with full participation of the community and partners;
- Facilitates community meetings and community action plan (CAP) preparation and ensure that the participation of each beneficiary and community groups in the plan for their respective kebeles ;
- Reviews the plan with the partners and representatives of the community and including her/his supervisor at kebele level;
- Facilitates and ensure that the participation of each beneficiary and community groups in implementation, monitoring and evaluation of CAP for their respective kebeles;
- In collaboration with his/her supervisor, support in training need identification and provides effective trainings to target group members;
- Work with community leaders, elders and government staff and acts as a catalyst in initiating action and generating enthusiasm for change in communities by performing demonstrations and organizing and leading training sessions;
- Prepares final action plan of their respective kebeles by breaking down in to quarters and months and submit it to her/his supervisor.
- Organizes and facilitates Information Education and Communication (IEC) sessions with community members;
Facilitate implementation of project activities and monitoring at Kebeles level
- Work closely with Woredes project officer and other key stakeholders
- Create smooth work relationship with community-based structure and government offices
- Supports mobilization of labour for field activities through community groups
- Provides technical and organizational assistance to beneficiary children, families, child and youth led groups and community members;
- Supports regular capacity assessment activities conducted for child and youth led groups and families
- Maintains good relationships with governmental and locally established institutions for the smooth implementation of project activities
- Closely works with government counterparts and links the activities of the community with the relevant bureaus/bodies;
- Develop partnerships with grass root level stakeholders such as Iddir union, Women and Youth Associations, Community Care and Coalition (CCC), development groups, and religious leaders for the sustainability of activities
- Assist in the identification and selection of beneficiaries and volunteers at the keble level
- Ensure up-to-date recording of beneficiary data and timely reporting at Keble level.
Technical Support and Facilitation
- Provides technical assistance to community in carrying out their duties and overcoming any problems they might encounter;
- Integrates the activities of the project with other child protection interventions
- Ensures beneficiaries have access to all required and necessary services
Planning, Reporting and Learning
- Collects basic information from the community, document the information and practices, and local practices that are best performing to the local conditions.
- Prepares daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly plans on her/his activities and submit to her/his supervisor;
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and submit it to her/his supervisor
- Support and facilitates community experience-sharing sessions
- Collects basic information, best practices, case studies and lessons and reports to her/his supervisor
- Undertakes personal professional development initiatives identified with his/her supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary capacity to improve performance and applying appropriate measures when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for himself/herself (and their team).
- Takes responsibility for his/her own personal actions and encourages others to do the same.
- Widely shares his/her personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future-orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, his/her team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risk
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA degree or College Diploma in sociology or related fields.
- A minimum of two years of experience for BA or four years for Diploma in working in related project
- Fluency in Afan Oromo and English/ verbal and written
- Very good conceptual understanding of the job
- Strong interpersonal skill and customer handling
- Very good skill in communication
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Female candidates are highly encouraged.
- Adequate knowledge of the culture, social context
- Ready to work in and with the community
- Good facilitation and planning and listening skills
- Proven teamwork and community facilitation experience
- An understanding of child rights and their protection and fulfilment in the development context
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Use the below link to apply :
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Feb 16, 2023