Specialist - Internal Audit Compliance Full-time Job2023-01-18 22:31 Accounting and finance Addis Ababa 62 views
V. QUALIFICATIONS (KNOW HOW)
- B.A. Degree in Accounting.
- Diploma in Law, Chartered/Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- 5 – 7 years of supervisory experience in internal auditing specializing in compliance, financial and operation management.
- Experience with INGO funded by US Government, EU and with complex projects/programs is added advantage.
C) TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coach staff in prioritizing workload whilst maintaining a high standard of work;
- Fluency in English language and written communication; ability to explain to staff at all levels the underlying principle of policies and risk, provide technical advise and support
- Demonstrated experience advising the Internal Audit Manager, in compliance risk management and internal controls
- Demonstrated technical and managerial ability, sound judgment, ability to work effectively with others at all levels as appropriate;
- Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality, sensitivity to HIV/AIDS, participatory approach and sustainable development;
- Computer skills.
- Experience in the use of PeopleSoft Financial Management Solutions (FMS) software.
- Female Candidates are highly recommended to apply.
- Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, analytical ability, stress tolerance, facilitating change, problem solving, managing performance for success, adaptability, coaching, collaboration, developing teams, initiating action, Interpersonal skills, communicating with impact, Information monitoring, innovation, planning and organizing, negotiating.
VI. FREEDOM TO ACT
- The incumbent’s decisions are important in terms of the daily functioning and operation of the compliance areas in planning, monitoring, coordinating the tasks & enriching effective & efficient relationships at the appropriate levels. Her/his decisions are contributory in terms of the Internal Audit unit’s value adding role identifying Country office risk prone compliance areas and improve the overall accountability of the Country Office, ensuring that resources are properly managed and utilized and disclosing growth areas and application problems and suggesting applicable solutions for exceptions and problems disclosed.
VII. CONTACTS/KEY RELATIONSHIPS
- The Internal Audit- Compliance Specialist is expected to collaborate with other internal & external auditors, Donors. She/he also works in close collaboration with the Internal Audit Manager, unit leaders and all CARE Head Office, Sub Office and Field Staffs.
VIII. WORKING CONDITIONS AND LEVEL OF TRAVEL REQUIRED
- This position is located in CARE HO, Addis Ababa and requires 35 - 55% of travel to Field Offices.
How to Apply
If you are interested to be part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment and contribute to CARE Ethiopia’s mission and vision, please send your CV (not more than 3 pages) and cover letter (not more than one page) through https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CAREUSA&cws=52&rid=6349
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Passionate and dedicated candidates who meet the requirement are strongly encouraged to apply, especially women!
CARE seeks to improve the lives of the most marginalized, particularly women and girls. Our diversity is our strength. We encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
CARE Ethiopia is committed to preventing all unwanted behavior at work. This includes sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and child abuse. We expect everyone who works for us to share this commitment by understanding and working within the CARE Safeguarding Policy and related framework. CARE Ethiopia has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a vulnerable adult or child by any of our staff, representatives, or partners.
CARE Ethiopia reserves the right to seek information from job applicants’ current and/or previous employers about incidents of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment the applicant may have been found guilty to have committed or about which an investigation was in the process of being carried out at the time of the termination of the applicant’s employment with that employer.
By submitting the application, the job applicant confirms that s/he has no objection to CARE Ethiopia requesting the information specified above. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks.
Jan 27, 2023