Warehouse Supervisor ( Dessie and Bahir Dar) Full-time Job2023-02-01 11:54 Transportation & Logistics Bahir Dar 85 views
Scope of Role
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for all warehouse and transport operation activities including shipping and receiving, overseeing storage, deliveries, coordinating stock, documenting warehouse and transport transactions, maintaining records, maintaining cleanliness and keeping the products organized and as such look after the property of the company.
Purpose of Role
- To ensure effective and efficient storage and flow of finished products and purchased materials at optimal cost.
- To develop and implement warehousing strategies that ensure a cost saving and flawless storage and delivery of materials in line with the company plans
- Standardize the work of inventory management to what the company requires. Arrange materials in an excellent manner which affluence the level of service delivery at optimal level.
- See whether the minimum and maximum levels of various groups of materials are being managed according the variation of lead time, consumption trend and over all material requirements planning considerable.
- Ensure planning and organization of staff shifts and resource allocation to each warehousing and transportation activity.
- Prioritize shipments according to availability of trucks and customer requirement.
- Ensure ways to improve loading and routing of the trucks.
- Ensures all the goods movements are done with properly authorized documents with zero tolerance of delay.
- Arrange deliveries for inspection and collect the inspection results from concerned department.
- Check for damages/shortages stock levels and prepare report. Compiles and submit the daily, monthly, etc.…. reports timely.
- Perform the daily cycle count without delay and per the times set for the task.
- Ensure all the warehousing assets and equipment are maintained in good working condition according to Komari standards and applicable regulations.
- Ensure that packaging materials and full products are stored safely and with high level security in adherence to the company warehousing standards and safety policies.
- Organize timely and accurate data gathering for warehousing reports preparation and distribution.
- Interpret and analyze the warehousing reports figures and present and explain the reports to relevant stakeholders in a clear and concise way.
- Provide information in a clear, concise and impactful manner.
- Analyze and interpret KPI performance and trends and prepare written reports including warehousing KPIs and distribute to the corresponding stakeholders.
- Report critical problem areas and improvement opportunities.
- Ensure the goods receiving note for the right packaging and full products are prepared purchased and stored in the warehouse specified to these materials.
- Communicate and enforce quality awareness among the and warehousing staff.
- Lead 5S implementation in all Addis Ababa warehouses and primary distribution.
- Put measures in place to monitor and report product quality issues in a timely way.
- Coordinate with various departments for market returns and quality blocked goods.
- Separate quickly quality defective goods in stock and ensure that they are not picked.
- Initiate improvement actions to prevent stock quality issues and initiate improvement actions to prevent quality issues and goods damages during transportation.
- Enforce Komari quality standards are met by logistics service providers.
- Minimize or avoid conditions that can cause deterioration in the quality of the beer, damage it, or damage its packaging and implement processes for efficient and timely report.
- Ensure that accurate stock records (Bin Cards) of materials received, issued and in storage are maintained and see that the posting are up to date.
- Ensure that all documents relating to receipts and issues are sent to finance and other
Qualification and Experience Required
Bachelor’s degree in Economics/Accounting/Management/Purchasing and Supplies Management or related field of studies
Minimum 3 years’ experience as a warehouse supervisor with good transportation, inventory and warehouse management skill.
- Knowledge of warehouse receiving/issuing procedures.
- Skill in effectively communicating and interacting with management and employees.
- Ability to shelve, store and distribute materials, and operate and enter information into a computerized inventory system.
- An awareness of safety, health and environment issues.
- Knowledge on stock management and record keeping
- Strong analytical skills, results oriented, quick learner
- Proactive approach to preventive and curative of any stock
How to ApplyPlease use the following Link to apply:- Link
Feb 10, 2023