Zone Project Coordinator Full-time Job2023-01-25 11:53 Medical & Healthcare Bedelē 59 views
Vacancy No: VA_022_FY23
The Carter Center is a not-for-profit international NGO committed to waging peace, fighting disease and building hope worldwide. The Carter Center - Ethiopia, which assists the Government of Ethiopia in Disease Elimination and Eradication Programs is looking for a qualified professional to fill the following post of Zone Project Coordinator for its Oncho/LF Elimination Program.
- Assists the Zonal Health Departments in:
- Training health workers and other support staff on CDTI and Oncho/LF prevention and control.
- Preparing annual Oncho/LF Elimination Program and CDTI plans of action and project proposals for the respective zones, in accordance with the national strategic plan.
- Preparing annual application and treatment reports for Mectizan Donation Program.
- Preparing and submitting monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for the Oncho/LF Elimination Program in his/her respective zone.
- Follows up on the implementation of Oncho/LF Elimination Program activities in his/her project zone.
- Assists project woredas in preparation for Oncho/LF Elimination Program campaign.
- Assists in creating awareness among community members on proper Community-Directed Interventions (CDI) approach for implementing mass treatments of ivermectin and Albendazole.
- Works closely with concerned government sectors and other stakeholders for collaboration and integration towards achieving Oncho/LF elimination.
- Conducts regular monitoring and supervision of program implementations. Performs household and school monitoring and assessment in respective sectors.
- Supports the establishment and strengthening of Oncho/LF Elimination Program working groups at all levels within the established health delivery service system.
- Takes part in ongoing monitoring, impact assessments, surveillance, and research activities related to Oncho/LF elimination.
- Assists in organizing program review meetings/workshops, as appropriate.
- Assists RPM in compiling regional monthly reports.
- Work very closely with RPM and other ZPCs to ensure that Oncho/LF Elimination Program project activities are implemented as per the plan of action and project agreements.
- In close consultation with RPM and M&E Officer, keeps proper documentation of project implementation. Presents key performance indicators during monthly monitoring meetings.
- Develops/updates data base from which he/she prepares reports, monthly and annually, for Oncho/LF Elimination Program.
- Ensure the required logistics are in place and manage organizational resource in zone including logistics inventory and update to RPM and Logistics team.
- Performs other duties as instructed by the supervisor.
Required Number: 1(One)
Terms of Employment: One year contract with a possibility of extension
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Public Health or related fields from a recognized university
- Minimum of five years’ relevant experience in disease prevention and control, Preferably NTD and Oncho/LF Elimination Program.
- Reasonably good experience in project management
- Able to speak Oromifa Language and has working experience in the area
- Willingness to travel and work in remote areas
- Good computer skills, especially in data management
- Recommendation letter from the most recent employer
How to Apply
Deadline for all Application: Fifteen (15) days from the date of this vacancy announcement.
Interested applicants should submit their CV and application letter including photocopies of all supporting documents in person or to the address given below.
When applying Please indicate the Vacancy No, position applied for & duty station in the subject line
Drop your application in person at
Oromia Regional Project Office, Mettu
Address: +251 - 474-41-19-46
N.B: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Feb 8, 2023